Job Category: IT
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: London
Job Country: UK
Role and Responsibilities:
- Consult with Persistent clients to build and architect new solutions, data center migrations, and scaling their adoption of Microsoft Azure.
- Review and evaluate architectures of existing systems and software products to identify reuse and platforming opportunities as well as refactoring opportunities.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to the teams in the implementation of established architectures and designs.
- Mentor and coach architects and developers to ensure that architecture and requirements best practices are followed.
- Establish and enforce quality standards for cloud software architectures.
- Drive high priority customer initiatives on Cloud/ Datacenter in collaboration with customers and Persistent sales team.
- The role is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience.
- Own the Azure technical customer engagement including: developing the architectural design on specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and Cloud solution architecture components of customer facing contract bid responses.
- Assess Azure/ Datacenter footprint readiness for deployment activities.
- Deep understanding of computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security and storage.
- Understanding of how to build resilient multi-site architectures.
- Hands-on with tools & methods in capability, business transformation delivery, sizing & estimations.
- Experience with Windows, Linux and Unix platforms.
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef, ARM Templates, and Puppet is preferred.
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: PowerShell, Bash, .Net, .Net Core, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails is preferred.
- Required: Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure Active Directory, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure Storage, Networking and Security Solutions, ARM Templates, JSON scripting, Windows and/ or Linux administration, Azure App Services, Orchestration, Kubernetes, and Containers (Docker).
- Preferred: Azure Cloud Native Azure Integration Services (Logic Apps, API Management, Service Bus & Event Grid) Azure SQL Database, Azure Web Jobs, MySQL, SQL Server, SQL Server IaaS, SharePoint on Azure, Hyper-V, VMWare, System Center, firewalls, Web App proxies, Bash, BGP, Chef, Puppet, OSS Technologies, Powershell scripting, Operations Management Suite (OMS).
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption shares in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/ or services company.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication Certifications.
- Experience as a team lead in consultative role on customer engagements involving software application projects.
- Ability to be hands-on in leadership roles as well as manage others to execute and deliver project deliverables.