Job Category: IT
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: London
Job Country: UK
The Job Responsibility includes:
- Provide general and routine technical support to a broad range of installation, patching, configuration, and updates to virtual infrastructure requiring the ability to research, analyze, and resolve problems effectively to meet established performance metrics.
- Maintain documented (e.g., Disaster Recovery) procedures for OS Infrastructure.
- Collaborates and contributes with team members, software vendors, and other technical staff to develop, design, implement, and continuously improve systems.
- Would require on-call availability and working 24 x 7 shift hours.
- Active coordination with team members and other groups to effectively perform basic Windows Server and administration support for daily operations.
- Follows procedures and guidelines to install, patch, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and maintain systems, software, network and port configuration, host-based firewalls, and peripherals.
- Ensuring effective and efficient management of day-to-day 24×7 Datacenter Operations. Including industry leading
- Cloud hosting like AWS, Azure, IBM Softlayer, etc.
- Total IT experience 12-15 yrs, with minimum last 8 year in DC Operations and Cloud Administration.
- Manage/Improve the workflows and throughput for data Centers Operations.
- Should be a subject master’s in data Center and Cloud Operations.
- Ensure all operational KPIs and Metrics are being measured and met inside his/her Data Centers(s).
- Play a key part in innovation and driving automation within Data Center Cloud services.
- Be passionate about the quality and quantity of services being provided by the Data Center Operations and Cloud support teams and continuously strive to improve our Customer Experience.
- Management of large-scale events in the Datacenter(s).
- Part of an on-call rotation for Datacenter Issue escalations.
- Vendor management/monitoring vendor performance.
- Ensuring his/her Data Center is compliant with all relevant security policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of server hardware maintenance/troubleshooting across multiple server vendors. Including but not limited to serves, storages, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows administration, Linux/Unix, Network and Storage systems.
- Either Windows 2012 MCSE or Linux/UNIX certification and administration experience
- Professional certification on two or more of the public cloud offerings including AWS.
- ITIL certified
- In-depth knowledge and experience of change / incident management.
- Solid data mining/ analysis skill.
- High literacy in security and customer data protection.
- Network certification – CCNP, Network+
- Storage systems experience.
- Fluent English verbal and written proficiency.
- Solid communication skill set (decision making, confrontation management, commitment, coaching the team).
- Project Management skills.
- People Management skills.
- Plan upgrade & patching
- Build scripts