A boutique Managed Services Provider are currently looking for multiple client facing Infrastructure Support Engineers to join the team on a permanent basis to support their continued growth. You can be based out of their HQ in Manchester or from the clients DC in London.As Infrastructure Support Engineer you will play a key part in various projects on various client sites and will provide technical support to the business.
Benefits: Bupa Healthcare after 6 months, company Phone and laptop, discretionary bonus based on company and personal performance, vendor training and certification.
As Infrastructure Support Engineer you will have the following skills and knowledge;
· HPE solutions - blade system, 3Par
· Enterprise SAN/Blade Systems
· Ideally some network knowledge - CISCO, HP
· Strong knowledge of VMware
· Understanding of Microsoft AD and Windows Server
· Knowledge/Certified of ITIL
As Infrastructure Support Engineer you will have the following roles and responsibility;
· BAU 3rd Line Support to the business
· Project lead for various customers
· Project delivery and management plans aligned to customer needs
· Implementing solutions onsite
· Client Delivery Consulting onsite in DC's
· Pre-sales - Solution Design and Architecture
· Client conference calls post sales and pre-sales
Top-notch Web Developer required for tech-driven financial trading organisation based in Central London.
The Web Developer will be working on a groundbreaking Real Time trading platform used by millions of traders based across Europe and the USA and is widely provides services and solutions to the financial market.
The Web Developer will have strong experience of working on real-time, highly-available platforms within Agile teams with a proven track record of delivering high quality, maintainable, well-tested, modular code. The organisation pride themselves on using the latest technologies, and the successful Web Developer will mirror the company's drive to work with next-gen tech.
The successful Web Developer will have some or all of the following:
- Distributed systems
We are currently working with a financial organisation based in Newcastle, who are looking to build a brand new dynamic Technical Support team that will be responsible for the support of key business applications and infrastructure, as well as acting as an internal consultancy for the business.
· Provide the business with high-level technical support, working closely with the already established application support team.
· Provide technical support for the organisations core banking components - API/EBS Platform, Databases, Identity Access Management and banking sub-systems.
· Service availability and drive problem resolution management.
· Look at entire infrastructure and Middleware layers to identify log issues, diagnose issues and then resolve issues.
· Use Linux commands to test suspicion of malformed requests.
· Incident, Problem and Change Management.
· Very strong experience of working within a hands-on technical support role with the inclusion of experience in handing off issues to internal development and third party support functions.
· Strong experience of supporting high availability applications and services.
· Strong route cause analysis experience via Log Files and Logging Platform Analysis.
· Knowledge of RESTful APIs, API Platforms, ESB Platforms, API Security and Web Services.
· Strong knowledge of Linux.
· Strong knowledge of JSON.
· Scripting and Monitoring experience.
· Proactive Incident, Problem and Change management.
· CMDB experience.
· Strong Service Transition experience.
· Strong experience of working to ITIL Framework.
You will report directly into the IT Director, managing a small team of technicians and be responsible for the delivery of IT support for multiple sites across the UK. To be considered you will have an excellent track record of leading a successful team and managing a range of technologies.
This will also include the following:
· Windows Server management 2008 R2/2012/2016
· Technical Knowledge - Windows, VMWare, Networking (LAN/WANs/Routers/VLAN's/VPN's/Wi-Fi), Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, RDS and Terminal Services
· IT Project Management Skills
· Infrastructure Background
· Solid networking knowledge - configuration and administration
· An Understanding of AV and Telephony Systems
· Excellent knowledge of ITIL best practice- ITIL v3 Foundation
· Liaising with 3rd parties and vendors
· Travel to office sites/venues will be required on occasion
· Any candidates with experience in the hospitality or leisure industry where you have supported multiple sites would be desirable.
The role is for a strong software developer with an an emphasis on Front End skills.
We will want you to work in an agile development environment. You will either already have experience in this area or a desire to learn these methodologies.
You will have good software design skills and a drive to implement a vision. You will be an active member of the team to agree how we will turn the vision into software.
We are looking for a self-starter who will rapidly forge strong relationship with product owners and other stakeholders. You should be able to put forward your own ideas whilst being receptive to others and therefore a strong communicator.
As an experienced software developer, you will be very much hands on designing and coding. You will help maintain our existing suite and developing wholly new products and features for the Exhibitions industry.
You may be experienced in one or two major frameworks and able to learn new and adopt new frameworks as and when required. You would ideally have a thorough understanding of object-oriented programming, learned through hands-on experience.
We will be providing an ongoing commitment to your professional development and you will be expected to share your experiences with other team members.
With strong, effective communication skills, both written and verbal, your credentials will demonstrate your ability to pro-actively deliver results while managing a number of competing tasks in a pragmatic way.
Desirable Additional Skills:
Experience of these skills may be an advantage or demonstrate a proven ability to learn:
Web, typescript, ES6, CSS, HTML-5, REACT, angular 4, OO, Greenfield, developer, banking
A top financial client of mine needs an expert hybrid Web developer.
The current platform is C# Back End with a WPF Front End. They want to completely re-write their WPF client in the latest web stack and need an expert developer to lead this work and advise on architecture and tooling.
There will be a lot of autonomy in this role, and they will be looking for your expertise and advise as to what web technologies to use given their current tech stack and architecture.
You will work with the C# developers to migrate the WPF client.
This is a web role, but please be aware, they will require C# and or Java and an very strong understanding of engineering principles.
As you will be leading this greenfield project, you must have worked on similar greenfield projects previous, able to talk through your reasons for choosing certain web tools and architecture.
This is a fantastic and long term opportunity for the right developer in a very good team.
My client is a leading cutting edge agency in need of an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer. This will be a stand-a-lone role looking after the Servers, desktops & networks, with some remote support from an external IT company as & when needed.
To be considered for this position you will have a strong background with both Windows & Apple Mac systems. You will be a confident and outgoing individual with a passion for IT and the desire to help move the business forward from an IT perspective.
As an experienced IT Engineer you will have experience with the following systems:
- Windows Server 2012
- Active Directory
- VMWare &/or Hyper-V
- MS Office 365 & MS Azure
- Windows 7 &/or Windows 10
- Apple Mac laptops & desktops
- Network Switches, Routers & Firewalls
Although NOT essential, any further experience with MS SQL Server, SharePoint and IIS would be highly beneficial. As a creative agency my client runs a dual Windows & Apple Mac environment so anyone having supported a media, design or marketing business infrastructure before would be ideal.
This role will be very progressive and allow the individual to have complete control over the future of the IT systems and all projects. You will have additional support from a 3rd party IT MSP to provide either remote support or project support.
If you are an experienced Senior IT Engineer with a skill set including a mix of Windows & Apple systems please send me your CV immediately. My client will match your skill set with a salary of up to £50,000 + excellent benefits. Please state ref: ASH016191CJP in the subject line.
Key Words: Senior IT Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Senior Windows Technician, 3rd Line Support Analyst, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Office 365, MS Azure, VMWare, Hyper-V, MS SQL Server, IIS, SharePoint, Windows 7, Windows 10, Apple Mac, MacBook Pro, Cisco network, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers.
My client is a Global Software Solutions leader, currently dominating within their industry, and they have a superb reputation of being a forward thinking employer, offering fantastic career opportunities! Due to continued success and growth within the organisation, my client is now seeking a methodical and analytical Network Infrastructure Engineer who is able to work to tight deadlines, to join their team.
Network Infrastructure Engineer - 3rd Line Technical Support - Infrastructure Engineer - Project Engineer - Windows Server 2012/2016 - VMware - CCNA - Storage Solutions - Microsoft Desktop 7/10 - Networking Routing - DNS - London - £45,000 - £50,000
I am looking for a meticulous 3rd Line Support Engineer to be an escalations point within the network and infrastructure team and to work with the onsite project team in assisting in day to day delivery of technical support!
If you have excellent customer facing skills and happy to get involved in project work and provide great customer experience support then this is the role for you!
The main responsibility of this role is to provide Infrastructure Support/3rd Line Technical Support/Network Support within the Microsoft, Cisco and Virtualisation operating & application arena. The role is focused upon day to day delivery of technical support which needs to be completed in an effective and attentive manner. The nature of the business requires a high level of technical knowledge, flexibility, common sense and initiative. If you are a Network Infrastructure Engineer looking for your next London based career opportunity then contact Adam NOW - Salary is £45,000 - £50,000 + Excellent Benefits.
A Financial Services firm in Central London looking for an Application Support Engineer to provide support for the firm's bespoke applications, related databases and environments. Candidate must have strong Scripting skills and knowledge of MS SQL. Retail Financial Services experience preferred but not essential.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT, the successful applicant will be working in a small IT function (10 people) supporting a 150 person business in a Windows environment. You will be making a positive contribution to the team through providing system support, seeing opportunities to automate processes, managing face to face queries and developing scripts to assist with data manipulations.
As an Application Support Engineer, your day to day duties will include the following:
· Providing technical and function support to the business user for applications
· SQL data fixes and enhancements alongside development
· Building, management and monitoring of DEV/UAT/PROD environments.
· Deployment of bespoke software
· Batch Scripting and proactively seeking opportunities to introduce automation where possible
· Maintaining and enhancing DR/BCP planning. With the service delivery manager.
· Previous experience in an Application/Production support role
· Excellent experience supporting Windows Server (2012 r2) environments.
· Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server and SQL Scripting
· Excellent Scripting skills (PowerShell preferred)
· Experience using tools such as GitHub and Jira
Nice to haves:
· Experience coding or supporting C# based applications
· Exposure to solutions such as VMWare, AWS and Veeam.
As Head of IT your role will focus on 3 main things;
· Strategy- definition and delivery of a future proofing IT strategy for systems, application and infrastructure
· Transformation- standing up technical IT transformation programmes
· BAU- scoping what's in existence and maximising its best use
The Head of IT role will need to have a broad understanding of all elements of IT (Infrastructure, Networks, Data, ITIL etc, but will need a particular focus on Systems and Applications (development of etc). You will quickly gain an understanding of the current IT estate, and prioritise a programme of securing what's there, whilst looking at the planned migration to new platforms. This is a role with a big strategic focus. You will be expected to shape, build and deliver a fit-for-future IT estate.
The Head of IT will suit an individual with the following experience and traits;
· Technology- covering ERP Systems exposure, VMWare, AWS, Cisco Networking, SQL Databases
· Strategy- written and fully owned a strategy for IT
· Financial- full ownership of a sizeable IT budget
· Leadership- experience of leading large IT functions comprising of multiple skills (development, support, infrastructure)
This role will suit someone who who is currently in a medium sized environment looking to take a step up in to a larger environment, or alternatively someone who is keen to get stuck in to an exciting period of IT transformation. With your help IT is seen as a key factor in driving the future aim of increasing turnover from £200m + to a £500m organisation.