A Financial Services firm in Central London looking for an Application Support Engineer to provide support for the firm's bespoke applications, related databases and environments. Candidate must have strong Scripting skills and knowledge of MS SQL. Retail Financial Services experience preferred but not essential.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT, the successful applicant will be working in a small IT function (10 people) supporting a 150 person business in a Windows environment. You will be making a positive contribution to the team through providing system support, seeing opportunities to automate processes, managing face to face queries and developing scripts to assist with data manipulations.
As an Application Support Engineer, your day to day duties will include the following:
· Providing technical and function support to the business user for applications
· SQL data fixes and enhancements alongside development
· Building, management and monitoring of DEV/UAT/PROD environments.
· Deployment of bespoke software
· Batch Scripting and proactively seeking opportunities to introduce automation where possible
· Maintaining and enhancing DR/BCP planning. With the service delivery manager.
· Previous experience in an Application/Production support role
· Excellent experience supporting Windows Server (2012 r2) environments.
· Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server and SQL Scripting
· Excellent Scripting skills (PowerShell preferred)
· Experience using tools such as GitHub and Jira
Nice to haves:
· Experience coding or supporting C# based applications
· Exposure to solutions such as VMWare, AWS and Veeam.
As an IT Infrastructure Team Lead (Open Source) you will help architect and build the ground breaking, game changing technology solutions that power the business. You will help pushing the limits of what technically can do as we write, build and run all our own software systems.
· Support technology and customer operational environments
· Building the effectiveness, productivity and performance of the team
· Identifying and working to remove obstacles to the team's productivity
· Fostering collaboration and building relationships with project/development teams within the business
· Supporting team members with a focus on personal development
· Leading great communication practices inside the team and with other teams they interact with
· Lead by example through technical excellent
· Hands on role splitting 50/50 operational responsibilities as well as leading and mentoring the team.
· The role will grow over time with opportunities to be more management focused
· Act as a bridge between the operations and the development teams to help promote a maturing DevOps culture.
· Incident and Stakeholder management at all levels
· Guidance for the BAU technical support teams
Ideal applicants will have a good breadth of experience across most of the following, ideally with a specialism in one or two areas -
· Linux & UNIX (RedHat, Apache, Tomcat)
· SAN and Cloud Storage (eg CEPH, NetApp, Veeam)
· Container Platforms (Docker/Kubernetes)
· DevOps tooling (eg Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Jenkins)
· Awareness of AWS and Google Cloud Platform
· OpenStack [desirable]
· Networking and Connectivity [desirable]
· Virtualisation (Hyper-V/VMware) [desirable]