SAS, UNIX, SQL, Maestro (TWS), Berlin Scheduler
SAS, UNIX, SQL
Analytical skills, decision making, forward thinking
Working knowledge of Live Service Systems and applications
Experience of EARS (Remedy)
Experience of Maestro Scheduler and Berlin Scheduler.
Day to Day Task
Responsible for supporting the application aspects of multiple live services
Management of live incidents
Investigation of incidents and provision of resolutions. Interaction/interface with Solutions Delivery (project handover, Clone testing, etc.)
Involvement in live incidents escalated via other support teams. Co-ordination with New Projects to gain an understanding of Live Support Requirements
Provision of Out Of Hours (On Call) cover on a rota basis
Collection of adhoc statistics
Housekeeping on Live Services and Databases
Creation & maintenance of support documentation (LSMs, etc.)
Attend Live support and customer meetings
Enhancement suggestions through Change Proposals/CIPs and Trouble Tickets
Technical Advice/Support to other areas inc. the customer
Prior Migration Knowledge (Currently migrating from SAS 9.1.3 to SAS 9.4).
Involved in the development of new products.
Client Facing, Good Negotiation skills, well organized and proactive, Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, with a positive 'can do'attitude.
Mentoring & Coaching Junior members of the team.
Base location is Newcastle but may have to travel to London and Telford for meetings.
· Provide assistance to end users on complex topics
· Provide highly responsive IT support in the trading teams in the Front Office
· Ensure rapid response to user technical and functional issues for a wide range of trading applications.
Expected experience and knowledge:
· Strong understanding of financial markets, specifically FX Derivatives and FX Cash.
· Strong FX derivatives product knowledge (vanilla and exotic options), including valuation and sensitivities.
· Strong understanding in Front Office and Risk management.
· Expert in Murex Front Office and Risk modules on MxG2000 v2.11 (Pricing, simulation, Market Data, VaR, PL VAR, standard reports).
· Understanding of MxML worflows to provide assistance to Middle Office users
· Good communication, interpersonal skills.
· Strong stakeholder management skills (contact with traders, Risk managers).
· Used to work on the ground, with no documentation. Frequent escalations to manage.
· Provide assistance to end users on complex topics.
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
· Fluent in English.
Day to Day Task
The team provide regulatory compliance advisory service to the Front Office which is FICC orientated, largely around Fixed Income asset classes. You'll work closely with the Global Head of Advisory and UK Head of Advisory and will sit in the dealing room with the Front Office, providing continuous guidance to make sure people are compliant in their trading activity.
You'll have the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple asset classes and to sit in the Front Office of one of Europe's largest investment banks. They are also building teams from scratch in New York and Singapore which you have the opportunity to become involved in and possibly head up if you'd like to.
The position pays £100,000 - £120,000 + bonus + benefits.
· Compliance advisory in the Front Office
· Strong involvement in recent regulations such as EMIR, Dodd Frank, MiFID II and MAR
· Strong Fixed Income or FX knowledge and experience
We are working this vacancy exclusively for the time being, so for a limited time only there is much less competition. Therefore, please apply ASAP if you'd like to discuss.