Exciting opportunity has come up for an experienced Applications Support Team Lead to join a growing wealth management company in the heart of the city.
The successful applicant will work within the Service Delivery Department alongside SME's, BA's, developers, 3rd party vendors, release management and SIT testers.
As well as providing application incident resolution while minimising service disruption, you will also be required to provide line management responsibilities for in-house support analysts.
*Work within the service model framework, following all guidelines and controls for the relevant processes to ensure compliance and quality
*Priorities defects/service requests assigning relevant priority for timely resolution
*Manage through to resolution incidents and service requests for all applications
*Provide a quality, reliable and timely support service delivering to the agreed SLA's
*Key contact for out of hours support service to meet the agreed SLA's
*Ensures timely communication to the impacted parties during an incident.
*Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
*As required, perform daily, monthly and periodic application and system checks/changes
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
*Experience of working in a Service Desk environment using ITIL methodology. Familiar with industry standard ITIL processes, procedures
*A good knowledge of wealth management, its workings and the finance industry in general would be extremely advantageous.
*A sound understanding of computer systems and how the work is required.
*Any previous experience on FISCAL OR UniVerse would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will work with other developers in the IT team where you will design and implement new systems for use by staff, customers and suppliers. As Software Developer, you will join a growing team where you will design and implement new systems for use by many staff, customers and suppliers.
A Senior Web Applications Developer is required by a market leading company located in bristol. Due to an extensive workload and expansion, the company are looking to bring on board a Senior Web Applications Developer to join their existing web applications software development team.
The position will be fully hands on reporting to the Head of Engineering but will also involve some mentoring to junior team members. The ideal Senior Web Applications Developer will have experience working with multiple programming languages as well as a good degree from a well-regarded University.
- Designing and developing applications to support and improve the company's existing products as well as working on new product development
- Mentoring and supporting Junior Web Applications Engineers when required
- Managing software projects working closely with both the Testing and Project Management teams when necessary.
- Degree from a 'Russell Group' University in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Maths, or similar
- Programming experience with either PHP or ASP.NET
Any experience in one or more of the following is advantageous:
- SQL Server
- Real Time
- Web Sockets
· Working with the team and students to ensure effective delivery of operational IT Services which meets the needs of the business
· Planning, leading and co-ordinating improvement initiatives involving IT Services
· Developing and maintaining project plans, budgets and service management framework
· Ensure projects are planned and executed in line with the client's agreed framework (Risk & issue identification, Systems & Operational Acceptance Testing, Project team roles)
· Developing and maintaining a communications plan and keeping the business and IT communities in line with business requirements
· Co-ordinating the internal client services (ie: facilities management) and external service providers as necessary to meet agreed timescales
· Managing resources as appropriate to the implementation of IT related activities
· Taking ownership for: task setting, forecasting and estimating, milestone identification, reporting and monitoring, risk management, issue management, quality assurance, change management and financial reporting
· Ability to develop effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to identify business opportunities, and demonstrating awareness of the associated risks
· Identifying business opportunities and being able to balance financial expectation related to risk
· Effective communication skills suitable for the management of and liaison with senior management and department staff
· Demonstrative effective communication, both orally and in writing with suburdinates, associates and clients
· Demonstrative professionalism with a can do attitude
· Degree educated and/or applicable professional qualifications
· Exposure to service delivery and management methodologies such as: Prince 2, PMP, PMI, ITIL, MS Project/Microsoft Project (ideally ITIL-certified). Formal training with ITIL discipline would be highly advantageous
· Significant IT Operations management experience in a role that requires involvement and understanding of business activities and vendor management. Awareness of industry standards (ie: ISO 9001, ITIL).