My client a world-leading provider of information solutions is currently looking for an Agile Process Manager to join their team on a 3 month contract. The Agile Process Manager will be working as a part of the delivery teams, coaching and developing the agile practices and culture.
Key Tasks and Deliverables of the Agile Coach
- Facilitating delivery in a hands-on role including, but not limited to:
- Measure and track throughput and lead time for work items through complex value chains involving multiple teams
- Actively manage the teams' delivery by creating and analysing data - eg lead time, burn-ups
- Use data to forecast delivery schedules and support negotiations around prioritisation and staffing
- Facilitate planning meetings and retrospectives
- Work with the Product Managers & delivery teams to estimate backlog items and ensure optimal flow through the delivery process
- Delve into detail to help teams overcome technical problems
- Creating a continuous improvement environment
- Work at both a team level and a department level to increase delivery maturity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Build collaborative, professional, and successful relationships with product and delivery teams and the wider business
- Provide visibility into the status and progress of work.
- Manage dependencies between teams. Co-ordinate and synchronise dependent work items across disciplines and teams
- Build shared understanding of obstacles to progress; negotiate to remove obstacles
- Support the Agile Delivery Manager in building consistent processes across multiple teams
- Communicate with stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Foster a sense of energy, drive and purpose in the delivery teams
- Aspire to inspire.
Key Skills and Experience
- Strong Agile software delivery experience eg with Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience of all parts of the product life cycle including end-of-life
- Experience negotiating scope and priority of projects with product teams and business stakeholders
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- Evidence of problem solving and providing creative solutions
- Experience as an Agile/Lean Coach
- A technical background in software development, testing or operations is an advantage but not essential
- Energy and enthusiasm for delivery and implementing change
- A methodology-agnostic, pragmatic approach to delivery management
Agile Process Manager, Scrum Master, Kanban, Lean, Agile Coach, Software Delivery
Referral Scheme: If this role isn't for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500! Please see our website for terms and conditions.