Project Manager - Agile enthusiast, Digital, Delivery & Quality Focused, Influence
A vibrant tech firms is currently seeking a digital Project Manager to work in their brand new Central London office. Theapproaches software development as they are creating an ultra-Agile set up with multiple Scrum teams developing applications for web, mobile, CRM, tools etc. and putting the creative direction of the business into the hands of the application teams. The business has fully embraced Agile working and is investing heavily to help drive the change & disruption in order to create better software for the business and it's customers.
The company is looking for multiple Project Managers and the successful applicants will be those who have demonstrable commercial experience within digital and agile environments. They're looking for leaders who can comfortably manage senior stakeholders and technical staff using their natural influence. You'll have extensive experience of different agile frameworks, tools and techniques (eg Jira/Confluence). You'll also have delivered business critical applications on tight deadlines.
In this role you will have the responsibility for delivery and governance of projects in line with the agreed timescale, cost and quality. The business has high standards and equally requires their Project Managers to be driven by quality and delivery.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity to join a company who is doing things the right way, without cutting corners or taking "a pragmatic approach to Agile". This is the real deal for anyone motivated by best practices and who wants to work with exceptional people with a similar mindset.
Please apply for immediate consideration and full details.
Do you want to be involved with implementing the latest technologies in exciting IT projects? Do you want to make a difference by assuring that ITS deploys quality products and solutions to our practitioners and clients? Do you have a passion for automation and performance testing? Then the role of Non-Functional Test Manager could be for you.
An award-winning retail/commercial bank is seeking an IT Test Services Manager to join their establishment. The bank prides itself on its customer service/satisfaction levels and is seeking an IT test service manager that believes this philosophy and strives to do great things.
As an IT Test Services Manager you will plan, organise and lead the provision of advice through management of key business services. You will manage a defined testing function with a team of testers (team size up to 20)
* Be the key contact and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders and programme leaders
* Responsible for planning, delivery, and governance of defined portfolio of test projects
* Determining the appropriate resource levels
* Co-ordinate and monitor the planning and management of the testing function
* Contribute to plans and budgets for the portfolio of test projects
* Maintain knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements
* Development of overall testing methodologies
* Quality assurance of the testing processes
Skills and Experience Required
* Proven experience of managing a significant operational Test function team
* Proven experience of leading significant cross-functional testing (and teams) of major programmes > £2m
* Good influencing skills, including strong presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal/relationship management skills with the ability to communicate well at senior levels, both written and oral
* Must have the ability to communicate IT concepts verbally and in writing to influence senior and non-specialist audiences
* Has an understanding of the overall development lifecycle
* Has experience of the full spectrum of functional and non-functional testing services on multiple applications and environments
* Experienced with testing complex, multi-platform, distributed applications
Based in the heart of West London, our clients Global IT Financial Applications team are looking to hire an experienced SAP Programme Director to take the team forward at a critical time. They are embarking on a critical SAP rollout covering several modules acorss over 20 countries in several continents. You will be tasked with implementing the pre-defined global template to ultimately replace Legacy ERP systems.
You will be working closely with the Senior Director as well as several seasoned SAP professionals in order to ensure that this vital project is implemented to perfection.
Core responsibilities will include:
· Build strong productive relationships with the business, IT teams and external third parties in order to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of the business
· Conduct requirements gathering sessions with various levels of the business & IT, ensuring that the strategic needs are being met while also realising incremental benefits
· Produce high quality business analyst deliverables, including business cases, user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, functional & non-functional specifications
· Take full ownership of managing the product backlog of key systems
· Act as primary focus for questions related to business usage of systems within your sphere of influence.
· Support the system test teams, helping with understanding of the change and reviewing test cases to ensure full coverage
· Support the on-going development of the Business Analyst function, developing standards, procedures, and knowledge transfer
· Have proven experience of capturing, documenting and delivering detailed requirements
· Have exposure to methods for testing of requirements and measuring the delivery of these through the project life cycle.
· Exposure to the full project life cycle, from inception to BAU handover
· Have proven experience of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
· Experience of working in the Insurance industry - desirable
· Experience of projects with Datamodelling and/or MI/BI elements - desirable
· Hold relevant industry qualifications eg ISEB, PRINCE2 - desirable
· Have the ability to combine soft influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with leadership qualities that will encourage business leaders to positively respond to questions, enquiries and requests to meet deadlines
· Intellect and gravitas to influence and gain credibility with business personnel and management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business.
· Creative, proactive, logical and innovative - you do not accept the status quo
· Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success
· Demonstrate a commitment to quality, service and personal ownership
· Be flexible and adaptable, able to work on multiple projects at any one time
· Excellent pension scheme - 10% employer contribution/5% employee contribution
· Interest free annual season ticket loan
· Private medical scheme
· 25 days holiday rising with service (maximum of 28).
Our client a major IB are currently seeking an experience Application Support professional to join their High Touch/Delta 1/Flow Volatility. Candidates MUST have Investment Banking experience - this is an experience hire and as such the team require someone with strong Front or Middle Office systems experience. The role is a mix of business interaction/problem solving and technical queries/fixes.
The ideal candidate will have as many of the points below as possible:
· Experience in a business facing application support role in an Investment Bank
· Experience of supporting cash equities trading/risk management systems - whether Delta1, High Touch or FlowVols
· Effective communicator who can demonstrate strong influencing skills
· Good problem solver and strong logic
· Track record of delivering continuous service improvement
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with tight deadlines and varied constraints
· Strong knowledge of supporting applications on Unix platforms (some Windows nice to have)
· Good SQL (Querying purposes)
· Fix (nice to have - not essential)
· Scripting - Perl, Python or Bash (any exposure good, competent Scripting a real nice to have).
Engine are the largest independent communications company in the UK. Based in London and consisting of 13 different businesses each of which provide our clients with the best in class expertise; ranging from brand company to PR, from data strategy to social media, from advertising to digital design and a whole lot more.
Engine is looking for a Programme Director who is available for immediate start to lead Engine's re-platforming of its business systems onto Microsoft's AX suite on a global basis. Key functional components include Finance, Sales, HR and Resource Management. The initial design, build and roll-out will be for the UK market, with plans to then roll-out across North America.
The programme is well underway, and a significant amount of development has taken place. However, the steering group has recognised the need to reposition the programme as a business change endeavour rather than an IT programme.
The successful candidate will be a senior professional with experience of managing complex business change programmes. The role with report directly to the UK Managing Director.
You will need to have experience in -
· Senior programme director with experience of managing IT business change programmes
· Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
· High levels of Emotional Intelligence, being sufficiently self-aware and self-assured to know how best to drive the programme forward
· Familiarity with Microsoft's AX platform (not essential but beneficial)
· Be able to balance a clear vision for the future with pragmatism to get the job done
· Broad appreciation of all functional areas, including Finance, HR, Sales, IT
· Worked in a professional services environment
· Structuring commercial agreements with Systems Integrators
· Contract writing (schedules more than the legal framework)
· Supplier/contract management
· Dispute resolution