IT Director with experience of managing enterprise level business applications and systems, in addition to infrastructure and services, is required by a leading international business whose UK operation is centred out of Brighton.
This role will see you reporting directly into the CTO and having overall responsibility for the Business Systems and applications in addition to the global infrastructure team. The emphasis will be on ensuring an high availability, high performing infrastructure service.
The key competencies you will need to have in order to be successful in this IT Director role include:
· Very strong technology leadership and understanding of international IT set ups, including Systems and Infrastructure
· Proven examples of making improvements and impacts on business systems and applications, such as CRM, ERP etc.
· Be an effective manager, leading a diverse team of technology professionals across the company
· Able to take ownership and execute IT strategies, having ownership of the IT roadmap and architecture
· Be highly focused on service delivery, with a proven ability to continually improve processes and procedures across the existing IT complex
· Work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders at all levels of the business, offering your guidance, experience and promoting ideas for improvement
This role oversees a complex IT set up which includes the in-house systems and infrastructure, along with integrated systems into their customer sites. This role would suit someone who has worked in a similar environment and is comfortable with both national and international travel where required.
In return you will be working with a truly fantastic, private entity who continue to expand and thrive in their market place. You will be working with a great group of individuals, taking on a position which offers some of the best work challenges in town.
Project Manager/Business Analyst/Consultant/Taskforce Management/Retail
£35,000 - £45,000
My client is a global Retail Solutions provider who is looking for a Functional Consultant to join their rapidly expanding team. You'll be responsible for the end to end delivery of retail solutions, particularly taskforce management solutions, into a range of clients. You'll be responsible for customer engagement through to delivery and aftercare.
You will have previous experience working in the retail sector either in a head office, store or field based role. You must have experience working with a Task Management solution. You will have outstanding stakeholder management and business engagement skills.
To be considered for this role, you will offer the following:
My client is looking for the next SDET to join a team of passionate cross role professionals
Your primary task will be fixing our inverted pyramid and ensuring TDD is central to the team's approach.
You will lead this within your team fully empowered to make the changes that are required.
We have automation working well in some teams and a great framework, your job is to lead by example within the remaining teams enabling automation to be brought up to par.
What you will bring
-Deep understanding of Web application architecture and crafting tests at different levels accordingly
-A proven track record of building a testable application over building complex automation solutions
-A proven track record of implementing TDD & other shift-left strategies as required.
-Relationships with business stakeholders to build the high value use cases into an effective test strategy
-Team ownership mentality around testing activities and the confidence to delegate
-Highly aware on clean code principles with a focus on readability, maintainability, and extensibility
-An enthusiasm toward self and team improvement through a fail fast mentality
-A willingness to pair program across various roles
-Testing with Jasmine and Mockito
-Understanding of Selenium
-Understanding of AWS, Jenkins and PFS
-Hands on experience with build and deploy scripts, Continuous Integration tools and Cloud environments
-Experience with cross/non-functional testing such as performance (JMeter, Gatling, etc) or security (ZAP, Burp Proxy, OWASP Dependency check, etc)
-Exposure to diagnosing code base health and applying metrics to improve coding practices
Java Software Developer X 4 - Manchester.
Our growing client based in Manchester is currently looking for 4 Java Software Developers. The company is divided into two distinct departments, Research and Development (R&D), and Consultancy and Support (C&S). Both R&D and C&S activities are based at our clients Manchester office. We are looking for 2 Java Developers to join the research and Development department responsible for the Development and maintenance of the client's product suite.
* To develop and maintain our client suite of software products.
* To help determine product functionality and have input into the product road map.
* To design and implement new product functionality.
* To maintain, refactor and improve existing functionality.
* To ensure that the product is tested to a satisfactory level.
* To work with partner companies to integrate our clients product with their products.
* To help with formal product validation (when required).
* To help with formal product documentation (when required).
* To help resolve customer issues and support calls (when required).
* Java (JSE and JEE), Tomcat, WebSphere, Web Services, AJAX (GWT), JPA, J/XFS.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to (see below)
Java Software Developer X 4 - Manchester.
Java (JSE and JEE), Tomcat, WebSphere, Web Services, AJAX (GWT), JPA, J/XFS.
Digital Project Manager required for a leading E-commerce solutions provider in Oxford.
The Digital Project Manager will provide E-commerce consulting services including business requirements analysis, scope of work, detailed specification and estimates.
Senior SAP BPC Consultant - Leading consultancy with excellent projects and training!
Leading UK SAP Consultancy with a sound reputation in SAP BPC is currently recruiting for BPC Professionals at all levels (Consultant/Senior/Principal) to join their team. This recruitment drive has been brought about due to an excellent pipeline of SAP BPC projects.
The successful candidate will work on the full scope of SAP BPC projects within the UK and also have the chance to learn other SAP skills like SAP HANA, SAP BW/SAP BI and SAP Business Objects should you be keen to do so.
The business prides itself on a hugely enjoyable working environment. It is extremely friendly and very collaborative. Although travel is required, like all consultancies roles, the balance they can offer is one of the best in the industry.
You will work closely with blue chip clients in the UK to understand, document, design & deliver high profile SAP BPC projects. The job will also incorporate other consultancy style duties such as proposals, POC's, technical pre-sales as well as high level strategy, architecture and capability growth developments.
- British, EU Passport or ILR in order to gain security clearance (preferred).
- Deep technical knowledge of all areas of SAP.
- At least 2 full life cycle projects in SAP BPC (Netweaver).
- Sound functional knowledge across budgeting, forecasting and financial consolidation.
- Previous consultancy experience.
- High level communication & client facing skills.
- An accountancy qualification would be a huge advantage.
Enthusiastic Web Developer/Software Developer sought for in-house' development team of this established & successful finance company who, use the latest technologies to build responsive web based applications used by external clients.
Any exposure to Angular, MVC, web API, web services etc advantageous as is experience in an Agile development environment with SCRUM/XP etc however, excellent training on offer.
The Software Developer/Web Developer will also need good problem solving & solution design skills and have the ability to interpret and analyse business requirements to produce simple high level designs.
They will be passionate about technology and delivering great software and keen to drive innovation through sharing ideas and new technologies.
Great chance to further your skills & progress your career; in an interesting, challenging and collaborative role, surrounded by friendly & talented colleagues whilst contributing to a successful and growing business with a great work life balance' culture.
Package includes a salary of £30,000-40,000 plus 10% company pension contribution, Medical & Dental care, 25 days holiday, contributions towards gym/sports club membership, lunchtime Pilates, Yoga and running clubs etc.
Based from modern offices close to Thame and Haddenham train station & A418/M40 for an easy commute from Aylesbury, Oxford, Bicester & Banbury; High Wycombe, Princes Risborough, Marlow & Milton Keynes etc.
Free parking or showers & a bike shelter to support you cycling to work.
Interested? Please apply ASAP with your CV and I will endeavour to respond within 3 working days.
Enthusiastic Web Developer / Software Developer sought for an 'in-house' development team of this established & successful company
This role is for a senior Application Developer to work in the Rates Algo Trading Team, enhancing my clients smart / algorithmic execution tools and automated market-making platform. You will be involved in the complete project lifecycle from requirements analysis, to design, implementation, testing and rollout. This role sits within the rates business area.
Key skills for the Java developer; Rates eTrading x 2 role:
About the Java developer; Rates eTrading - Get into banking x2 role:
My client is an investment bank. They are seeking a number of talented Java developers to join them within a mission-critical and highly profitable area of the bank.
The team works very closely with the business of this bank and it is an excellent opportunity for a keen Java developer to learn about financial products whilst working on a challenging technical build out. This role will give you a good insight into the Fixed Income providing an excellent grounding for a future career in finance.
Strong core Java skills are essential as is a desire to learn the business. The team would be open to Java Developers from a range of industry backgrounds (gaming, gambling, insurance) as long as they can demonstrate the right level of technical knowledge. A proven academic background in a numerate discipline would also be highly valued.
· Implement and evolve the IT plan/Road Map.
· Significant experience of influencing and managing 3rd party suppliers
· Establish a clear direction and strategy, developed collaboratively with the rest of the organisation
· Work with other departments to identify current and potential requirements for IT infrastructure, services and training and plan how to fulfil them
· Develop and maintain a high-level programme and budget to deliver new IT requirements, ensuring changes (eg new projects) are in line with strategy and approved by key stakeholders.
· Overseeing major IT projects across the organisation.
Role and responsibilities
· Oversee and optimise the use of major IT investment across the organisation - eg installation of new software, cloud services and network infrastructure.
· Review supplier deliverables ensuring that they meet the necessary standards and contractual agreements.
· Project manage any major IT projects, ensuring objectives and scope are clearly defined, and successfully delivered, reporting regularly on progress.
· Work closely with the business units to support the business systems, and provide administrative support to their effective running and development.
· Responsible for development of procedures to make sure the delivery of new and existing services and solutions are delivered successfully.
· Oversee management of IT contractors, monitoring effective response and resolution of incidents and requests, ensuring good customer service and addressing issues as they arise.
· Proven experience of IT Service Management and working in a service delivery role across a complex organisation
· Capable of assisting in both a hands on' fashion as well as being able to develop a broad overview of requirements to meet business needs.
· Experience of managing both software and infrastructure functions.
· Broad hands on technical skills and keeps abreast of technical innovations
· Good working knowledge of infrastructure and the organisation's systems.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills and experience of delivering customer service improvements
· Working knowledge of ITIL
· Proven experience in managing IT projects and delivering change to end users
· Experience of managing, motivating and developing staff
· Experience and awareness of the development cycle with ideas of how to use the latest technical tools to drive the organisation forward.