Developing and maintaining dynamic websites, web applications and handling web servers.
Rigorous attention to detail and keen problem-solving skills
Should have strong knowledge of Core PHP, Codeigniter.
Strong coding & design skills with prior experience in developing scalable & high availability server-side applications.
Working experience in APIs preferable.
Immediate joining preferable.
CHECK BEFORE YOU APPLY :
● Must be eligible to work in the UK and no sponsorship will be provided.
● Proven experience
● No CCJs
● Fully completed applications
The employer will only accept "completed profile card" of BeatMySalary,
so kindly sign-in/sign-up and have a profile card completely filled in before applying to the job using the same.
If you need help with completing your application profile cards, reach out to the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company: Working for a well-established creative agency, that has international presence. Their rapidly growing digital department works on a number of varied projects including, promotional/showcase sites, e-commerce websites and web apps.
Senior Web Developer (PHP)
Brand New Opportunity Within Award Winning Business Software Provider in Worcester.
Based in Worcester, the opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and talented web developer to join one of the largest professional software providers in the UK to work on their award-winning flagship business application.
WHO ARE WE?
We are software solutions giant and part of an international group of companies dedicated to delivering professional online business solutions. One of the largest and most widely recognized providers of professional online services in the UK, we are consistently ranked in the top 50 software providers in our market. Our sheer amount of industry firsts and numerous awards speak for themselves, highlighting us as the top of our profession. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality software services, achieved through a combination of strategic acquisition and organically driven growth, all maintaining our place at the top of the market and a number one choice for our hundreds of thousands of customers.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Due to an increased growth, the opportunity has arisen for a Web Developer, proficient in PHP to join our trailblazing team responsible for the development of our secure, high-performance web application that supports our flagship software product. The role will require you to utilize your proficiencies in PHP and SQL alongside Internet technologies such as HTTP, SMTP, and DNS that form the basis of our flagship product. You will be using your Full Stack web development experience to create systems to integrate, monitor and control our network, data and Back Office infrastructure. An experience working in an agile environment is desirable as you will be taking on a Senior Developer role to demonstrate your unique technical skills and become an integral part of the systems ongoing success.
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE:
It's NICE TO HAVE
Key Skills: PHP/MySQL/Python/Object Orientated Programming.
As an IT Infrastructure Team Lead (Open Source) you will help architect and build the ground breaking, game changing technology solutions that power the business. You will help pushing the limits of what technically can do as we write, build and run all our own software systems.
· Support technology and customer operational environments
· Building the effectiveness, productivity and performance of the team
· Identifying and working to remove obstacles to the team's productivity
· Fostering collaboration and building relationships with project/development teams within the business
· Supporting team members with a focus on personal development
· Leading great communication practices inside the team and with other teams they interact with
· Lead by example through technical excellent
· Hands on role splitting 50/50 operational responsibilities as well as leading and mentoring the team.
· The role will grow over time with opportunities to be more management focused
· Act as a bridge between the operations and the development teams to help promote a maturing DevOps culture.
· Incident and Stakeholder management at all levels
· Guidance for the BAU technical support teams
Ideal applicants will have a good breadth of experience across most of the following, ideally with a specialism in one or two areas -
· Linux & UNIX (RedHat, Apache, Tomcat)
· SAN and Cloud Storage (eg CEPH, NetApp, Veeam)
· Container Platforms (Docker/Kubernetes)
· DevOps tooling (eg Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Jenkins)
· Awareness of AWS and Google Cloud Platform
· OpenStack [desirable]
· Networking and Connectivity [desirable]
· Virtualisation (Hyper-V/VMware) [desirable]