A great opportunity for an experienced Software Test Analyst to join an established IT company developing award winning software. The role will work in an established Software team with specific focus on Web based software testing, leading the QA strategy and mentoring more junior members.
The Test Analyst will work closely with a team of experienced Developers in delivery of bespoke software product for larger external customers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience of automation testing with Selenium (OOP; Java, C#, Ruby) and be willing to mentor more junior member's when required.
The company are well established and offer the opportunity to progress and work with new technology in a collaborative environment.
· Build strong productive relationships with the business, IT teams and external third parties in order to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of the business
· Conduct requirements gathering sessions with various levels of the business & IT, ensuring that the strategic needs are being met while also realising incremental benefits
· Produce high quality business analyst deliverables, including business cases, user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, functional & non-functional specifications
· Take full ownership of managing the product backlog of key systems
· Act as primary focus for questions related to business usage of systems within your sphere of influence.
· Support the system test teams, helping with understanding of the change and reviewing test cases to ensure full coverage
· Support the on-going development of the Business Analyst function, developing standards, procedures, and knowledge transfer
· Have proven experience of capturing, documenting and delivering detailed requirements
· Have exposure to methods for testing of requirements and measuring the delivery of these through the project life cycle.
· Exposure to the full project life cycle, from inception to BAU handover
· Have proven experience of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
· Experience of working in the Insurance industry - desirable
· Experience of projects with Datamodelling and/or MI/BI elements - desirable
· Hold relevant industry qualifications eg ISEB, PRINCE2 - desirable
· Have the ability to combine soft influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with leadership qualities that will encourage business leaders to positively respond to questions, enquiries and requests to meet deadlines
· Intellect and gravitas to influence and gain credibility with business personnel and management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business.
· Creative, proactive, logical and innovative - you do not accept the status quo
· Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success
· Demonstrate a commitment to quality, service and personal ownership
· Be flexible and adaptable, able to work on multiple projects at any one time
· Excellent pension scheme - 10% employer contribution/5% employee contribution
· Interest free annual season ticket loan
· Private medical scheme
· 25 days holiday rising with service (maximum of 28).
Java Developer - As an award winning and very innovative company we will give the Java Developer the chance to work in a vibrant and intellectually challenging environment.
My client requires a Java Developer to develop high quality code for a transactional instant payments solution within established development standards as well as help automate the deployment pipeline using DevOps tools/processes along with writing automated feature and integration tests.
Java development experience (version 8)
Strong experience writing code using TDD
Knowledge of Akka
Experience in writing BDD tests using Cucumber
Experience with DevOps tools and processes, specifically Linux, Jenkins, Maven, and Git
Experience working in self-organizing teams; a can-do attitude, proactive mindset
Experience working in an Agile environment
Experience in building high availability/distributed systems using Java, Akka and Spring
Experience writing highly concurrent and highly available systems
Experience with Real Time messaging systems
Experience with MongoDB
Experience with message-driven systems (eg IBM MQ Clustering).
They operate a strong TDD / Test First method, so you should be comfortable with things like pair programming, TDD, Auto-test and/or XP. The Java Developer should also be at ease working at every level of the technology stack.
Java Developer - Java 8 requirement for an urgent start. The Java Developer - Java 8 will be working in London
Java Developer - Java 8 Key Skills:
Java Developer - Java 8 Desirable Skills:
PROJECT MANAGER - c£50K to £53K - London- required strong in management of designated technology focussed project(s) and work packages all within a Prince 2 environment to work for my leading higher education research focused institute and part of the Russell Group of Universities.
You will be working on a diverse range of projects as the main point of contact for project delivery. The projects may be process/organisational development oriented and/or technology solution implementation oriented delivered within a complex environment.
To be considered you will have experience in the following:
*Planning and management of key project activities and resources across specific phases or groups of phases of the project life cycle, within budget and to agreed timeframes and quality standards.
*Identification of risks and issues and ensuring project documents are up to date
*Ensuring financial tracking of the projects is managed and communicated proactively, whilst also managing the change process.
*Primary responsibility for the management and delivery of designated project(s); act as the main point of contact for the project(s) delivery.
STAKEHOLDER AND COMMUNICATION-
*Provision of effective and regular communication to all stakeholders, as detailed within the project controls.
*Acting as the escalation point for all issues raised and establishing key partnerships across the key contact groups
MANAGEMENT OF PROJECT TEAM AND 3RD PARTY SUPPLIERS-
*Pro-active management of the resource allocation across the projects.
If you have the above and can plan and manage resources (people and financial), seeking efficiency, opportunities for improvement and value for money, in addition to leading in a managerial role then PLEASE APPLY NOW!
The key objective of the role is to provide technical expertise and act as an escalation point, within the IT networking department. The ideal candidate will have extensive Cisco/Networking experience and be able to assess the current technical environment and provide documentation
Excellent communication skills are a must and an immediate start is available
A large and complex organisation, undergoing significant change in the IT department, providing support to a busy and demanding customer base.
The organisation has multiple sites and 10'000s of users across Microsoft, Apple and BYOD including Android.
Skills & Knowledge
Our client has also expressed a need for very good knowledge of;
Whilst also having the ability to follow instruction and managing staff to achieve outcomes, due to the busy nature of the working environment. The ideal candidate will come from a Cisco knowledge background.
As above, is also desirable to have a very good knowledge of;
Extra qualifications are desirable. Any experience within large complex environments such as public sector, financial, telecommunications and retails would be desirable.
Key Skills Required
The client has 10,000 users on both Microsoft and Apple device estates.
The successful candidate must have experience with providing IT support to a busy and demanding business.
It is also essential that you have experience with the following key technologies;
The ability to line manage is also wanted as you will be responsible for 2 members of staff within the team. We are looking for someone who is customer focused.
Previous experience with the following is highly desirable;
Qualifications in the following are a benefit also: CCNA, MCP, VMWare.