PURPOSE OF OUR POLICY
UpbeatIdeas UK Ltd (Company Number 09353519) of 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ, England (we, us or our ) BeatMySalary website (www.beatmysalary.com) and/or mobile application and related services (Platform).
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK) (Act), we are the data controller (if any).
Providing the Platform and the other products and services that we offer; and
The normal day-to- day operations of our business.
By using the Platform, you expressly approve and consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information, as described in this Policy and our Terms & Conditions.
WHO AND WHAT THIS POLICY APPLIES TO
We handle data in our own right and also for and on behalf of our clients and users, Candidates and Recruiters.
If, at any time, an individual provides data or other information about someone other than himself or herself, the individual warrants that they have that person's consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
The Platform is not available to persons under the age of 18 years, unless with the permission of a parent or guardian and otherwise under appropriate supervision.
You acknowledge that in the event that our assets are transferred to or acquired by a third party, that such third party may continue to use your personal information in accordance with this policy.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the course of business it is necessary for us to collect data. This information allows us to identify who an individual is for the purposes of our business, share data when required for the use of services, contact the individual in the ordinary course of business and transact with the individual. Without limitation, the type of information we may collect is:
Personal Information. We may collect personal details such as an individual’s name, location, sex, date of birth, occupation, education, interests, and other information that allows us to identify who the individual is;
Contact Information. We may collect information such as an individual’s email address, telephone number, third-party usernames, contact address and other information that allows us to contact the individual;
Financial Information. We may collect financial information related to an individual such as any bank or credit card details and other information that allows us to transact with the individual;
Statistical Information. We may collect information about an individual’s online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends, decisions, associations, memberships, finances, purchases and other information for statistical purposes; and
Information an individual sends us. We may collect any personal correspondence that an individual sends us, or that is sent to us by others about the individual’s activities, including activities with our partners and users.
We may also collect non-data about an individual such as information regarding their computer, network and browser. This may include their IP address.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Registrations/Transactions. When an individual registers on the Platform, engages with us or another process whereby they enter data details or grant access to information in order to receive or access something from us;
Contact/Access. When an individual contacts us in any way or an individual accesses us physically we may require them to provide us with details for us to permit them such access;
Recruiters may use the Platform’s calling feature to make calls to Candidates, whilst the Candidates remain anonymous (phone number is not revealed to the Recruiter during this process). We may record communications made via the Platform (including voice calls) for our internal purposes and retrieval by both us and the relevant Recruiter.
As there are many circumstances in which we may collect information both electronically and physically, we will endeavour to ensure that an individual is always aware of when their data is being collected.
We may also collect anonymous data such as user traffic, IP addresses and transaction statistics, which may be used and shared on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
HOW DATA IS STORED
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
OPTING “IN” OR “OUT”
An individual may opt to not have us collect their data, including by contacting us directly. This may prevent us from offering them some or all of our services and may terminate their access to some or all of the services they access with or through us. They will be aware of this when:
Opt In. Where relevant, the individual will have the right to choose to have information collected and/or receive information from us; or
Opt Out. Where relevant, the individual will have the right to choose to exclude himself or herself from some or all collection of information and/or receiving information from us.
If an individual believes that they have received information from us that they did not opt in or out to receive, they should contact us on the details below.
PROFILE & ANONYMITY OF CANDIDATE INFORMATION
Each Candidate can select the level of disclosure of information on their profile, acknowledging certain information will be made available to Recruiters (in particular, first name only). We cannot guarantee that third parties will not obtain unauthorised access to restricted or profile information. Each Candidate can update their personal information via the Platform.
Until a Candidate has provided express consent, their information shall remain anonymous, and only your first name shall be shared with any Recruiter. Each Candidate shall have the option to accept or reject any offer to “connect” with the Recruiter.
WHEN DATA IS USED & DISCLOSED
In general, the primary principle is that we will not use any data other than for the purpose for which it was collected other than with the individual’s permission.
If you are a Candidate, we may disclose your personal information including contact details to a Recruiter, including when such disclosure relates to progressing an application from the Candidate, an offer for the Candidate, or otherwise where you have given us permission to make the disclosure to the Recruiter.
In order to provide the services offered on the Platform, each Candidate expressly consents to the following:
If you Opt In (or make your profile visible): receiving information about or from third parties (such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others) relating to job opportunities, products or services;
If you choose our referral service, you represent that the third party has provided consent to receiving communications from us and about or from third parties (such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others) relating to job opportunities, products or services;
If you create a profile on the Platform, we may supplement your personal information with information from public, third parties and related companies, service partners and associates.
We may use your personal information to:
- Improve our Platform, content, features and the services that we offer, and seek feedback;
- Establish, maintain and administer your account;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address security and/or technical issues;
- Resolve any disputes, troubleshooting and as we consider necessary to investigate possible illegal or prohibited activities and to enforce agreements with third parties;
- Send you service or promotional communications, including surveys and information about security updates, current products and services, deals and discounts;
- Create or distribute marketing material that is relevant to you, including newsletters, announcements, contests, surveys;
- Conduct verifications of profiles, check credentials, monitor and report as permitted in the Terms you have agreed with us or under any applicable laws;
- Promote and market the Platform, our services and products and/or the Candidates and Recruiters registered on the Platform.
Information is used in other ways to enable us to operate our business, especially as it relates to an individual, including:
- Verifying an individual’s identity (including using third party verification services);
- Communicating with an individual about their relationship with us;
- Investigating any complaints about or made by an individual, or if we have reason to suspect that an individual is in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that an individual is or has been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- As required or permitted by any law (including the Act).
We may disclose your personal information to other entities or individuals to facilitate the purpose for which information was collected. Such entities and individuals include:
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide a service such as payroll, superannuation administration, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors;
- Any third party partners or entities with whom we have a commercial relationship;
- Any related entity;
- Any applicable or relevant regulator or third party for the purpose of legislative or contractual compliance and/or reporting or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, or rights of third parties or the public at large; or
- Other entities if you have given your express consent. Those entitle and individuals will be permitted to obtain only the personal information necessary to deliver the service. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations and individuals are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We will not sell an individual’s data to unrelated third parties under any circumstances, other than as aggregated and/or anonymous data.
There are some circumstances in which we must disclose an individual’s information:
- As we consider necessary to preserve security, protect the rights, property and safety of the Company, its directors, employees, agents, representatives and the general public;
- Where we reasonably believe that an individual may be engaged in fraudulent, deceptive or unlawful activity that a governmental authority should be made aware of, or requires communication with a third party claimant;
- As required by any law (including the Act); and/or
- In order to sell our business or part thereof (as we may transfer data to a new owner).
Where relevant, you consent to the posting and use on the Platform of any photographs, content and/or personal information you might upload on the Platform or have otherwise provided consent to publish on the Platform, in our marketing collateral or social media channels, which we may use in order to provide our services, the marketing of our services or for the purpose of our functions and/or activities.
We may partner with or utilize third-party service providers (such as Gmail from Google, Inc) to communicate with an individual and to store contact details about an individual. These service providers may be located outside the United Kingdom, including the United States of America.
THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS
We may link your account with a third party (such as Facebook or Twitter) to our services to enable certain functionality, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (including your profile picture, friends or contacts).
The information we may obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Platform.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Platform or make use of payment services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Platform. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Platform more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
THE SAFETY & SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your personal information is important to us. We will take all reasonable precautions to protect an individual’s data from unauthorized access. This includes using passwords, encryption, appropriately securing our physical facilities and electronic networks.
The security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. Each individual that provides information to us via the internet or by post does so at their own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorized access to, data where the security of information is not within our control.
We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose an individual’s data to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of an individual’s information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If an individual suspects any misuse or loss of, or unauthorized access to, their data, they should let us know immediately and do so in writing and send it to email@example.com.
Note : We do not have a telephone based call center support or handle any issues over phone calls.
We are not liable for any loss, damage or claim arising out of another person’s use of the data where we were authorized to provide that person with the data.
To the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any personal information (including as relates to credit cards / debit cards), nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise.
HOW TO ACCESS AND/OR UPDATE INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to request from us the data that we have about you. You may review, edit, correct or delete any of your personal information on the Platform.
If an individual cannot update his or her own information, we will correct any errors in the data we hold about an individual within 30 working days of receiving written notice from them about those errors. The written notice must be sent to Team@beatmysalary.com, if not then, the request would not be considered.
It is an individual’s responsibility to provide us with accurate and truthful data. We cannot be liable for any information that is provided to us that is incorrect.
We may charge an individual a reasonable fee for our costs incurred in meeting any of their requests to disclose the data we hold about them.
Access to your personal information may be denied on certain grounds including, for example: it is unlawful; it may have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or your request is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny you access we will provide our reason for doing so at the time of your request.
COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
If an individual has a complaint about our handling of their data, they should address their complaint in writing to the details below.
If we have a dispute regarding an individual’s data, we both must first attempt to resolve the issue directly between us.
If we become aware of any unauthorized access to an individual’s data we will inform them at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
ADDITIONS TO THIS POLICY
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and will be handled as soon as reasonably practicable.