The successful candidate will be supporting a team of developers who build websites for with a range of technologies and for multiple clients. Experience with both Waterfall and Agile software development frameworks is advantageous.
Experience in the following technologies is required:
· Java/Java EE
· JMS (Using queue brokers and listeners)
· Relational Databases like MySQL
· ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
· Web frameworks like Spring
Experience in the following technologies is desirable:
· Experience with NoSQL databases, especially XML databases such as MarkLogic/eXist etc
· Experience implementing XML/XSLT based solutions
· Integrating websites with 3rd party APIs (REST/SOAP)
· Experience in XForms and Orbeon
· TDD/BDD (eg Cucumber)
· Testing frameworks (JUnit, Mockito)
· Continuous Integration
· Source Control (SVN, TFS)
· Release Management using Jenkins
Qualifications and Experience:
· Educated to degree level or higher in Computer Science or a related technology field.
· Experienced Java developer with a history of implementing robust and high quality web applications according to specification documents/user stories.
· More than 5 years' experience in Java technology.
· Experience of the software development life cycle and Agile development methodologies.
· Experience of providing client facing support is an advantage.