We are searching for a highly technical R&D engineer who wants to develop into electro mechanical products. The product range differs from simple mechanical over electromechanical systems, with further evolution to more electronically controlled systems.
Brilliant opportunity for a R&D Engineer to work with a major Bristol based government project's development of the infrastructure and platform for experimentation in the area of network monitoring, diagnose and troubleshooting.
The experience we need.
* Minimum Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent engineering discipline (specialised in computer networks).
* Experience in relevant technology environment (network monitoring and management)
* Understanding of monitoring systems and techniques
* Proven experience with some or all of the following systems: Nagios, OpenNMS, Munin, Smokeping
* Knowledge of CLI-based network device operation
* Skilled in network diagnose and troubleshooting (wireshark, tcpdump, and similar applications)
* Experienced in network programmability: Software Defined Networking (SDN) & Network Function Virtualisation (NFV)
* Notions on open source code development and management tools (eg Git, Ansible, etc.)
* Ability to work in and for the team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability and desire to learn quickly
* Ability to work to deadlines while demonstrating a track record for innovation and creativity
Leveraging on the programmability characteristics of the network infrastructure (Software Defined Network using mainly OpenFlow and Netconf). The Network Engineer will help to consolidate the existing network and IT infrastructure monitoring tools (Nagios, OpenNMS, smokeping and Munin) and develop the monitoring and healing functions over the SDN.
Successful delivery of this plan will be critical to achieving the prime objective: economic growth and job creation for Bristol. Being part of a project which includes collaboration between the technology, media & telecommunications industry, universities, local communities, and local and national government.
What you'll get in return.
A genuinely unique and challenging career opportunity to use your engineering and communications skills in a newly created position. The R&D Network Engineer can expect to join a world class systems engineering team, interfacing with High-Performance Networks, Radio Systems, and Wireless Communication Systems functions.