The focus of the Senior Developer - Software Development is the lead design, maintenance and programming of computer systems.
Our client has a well-established IT department with a highly-sophisticated suite of Web-based applications providing more than one million people L&D assessments every year.
The company prides itself on innovation and are looking for talented Developers to help revolutionise the market by combining great ideas with new and emerging technologies. They are a dynamic and constantly evolving company. The Development team is responsible for creating best in breed products and innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
As an experienced Senior Developer you'll provide technical expertise and helping shape solutions going forward, this is also an opportunity for the successful candidate to spend time working directly with clients and key stakeholders.
We see this as an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to have a direct impact on what is already a highly innovative Company.
The objective of the role will be to work within the testing team, supporting the BAT Test Programme Manager to deliver reliable, innovative and effective testing activities to ensure the business needs on time, budget and quality are met across the Transformation and Small Change portfolios.
What is the purpose of this role?
This water Utilities Company based in the Thames Valley is looking for a test manager whose duties are on the coordination of all testing activities during every stage of the test process on the MDMS (Meter Data Management System) Programme, as well as coordination with the alliance partner Test Manager. Authoritative guidance and advice to the test team is an important aspect of the job, as is advising on the practicality of the project.
What makes this role unique?
This role will deliver the test strategy and test management of a team of IS test team leads (x4) and 20 test agents. The role will also set up standardised testing for this water utilities company
What will this role involve?
Conducting test performance reviews
Maintaining and improving testing roles
Facilitating development of test scripts
Evaluating training and development needs of testers
Managing tests from end to end
Developing testing strategies and gaining approval from the Test Assurance Team within the TTA.
Setting up test schedules
Documenting tests findings and completion report into CAB
Supervising test teams
What skills are we looking for?
QA and Testing
Meeting project deadlines and adhering to the Project Delivery Framework
Coordinating people and teams
Negotiating and networking
Communicating in both a written and verbal form
Being dynamic and self-motivated
Being persistent and resilient
Achieving set objectives
Working in a diverse environment
Experience of Energy IP and Azure Platform
Ability to manage post go-live tickets
Experience on complex interface architecture testing
Meter data management experience
Flexibility to travel to Reading, Swindon and Langley
Data Migration Management
Experience with Sales Force, Mainframe and Interface Systems.
You are responsible for ensuring the technology strategy and roadmap is suitable to support the overall business and individual department strategies. You will lead diverse teams and provide effective direction to ensure delivery and development of the business systems.
· Work with departmental leaders to understand and help define their individual strategies
· Translate departments strategy into a Technology strategy and road-map of priorities
· Build sound and productive working relationships across the Senior Leadership Team
· Manage divers teams of both function and seniority, to include development and coaching and create a working environment that will enable delivery of desired outcomes.
· Provide challenge and improvements to existing processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
· Develop governance and process structures
· Proven experience operating at a strategic level
· Ability to work positively within a fast-paced ever changing environment
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and project teams, clear and effective communication skills.
· Strong leadership and management skills
· Expert project management knowledge, able to prioritise, multi-task.
· Solid understanding of the wider business impact of decisions.
One of the worlds most established brands
The world's biggest online auction site
Known for incredible working environment
Primary Job Responsibilities: The world's biggest online store is seeking a passionate individual to work with third partner partners and internal teams in the UK partner program.
This individual must be able to manage complex E2E projects simultaneously, provide regular scheduled activities and reports, and also deliver on urgent ad-hoc projects and requests. This individual must have a customer centric approach to support external partners, and the tact, resilience and personality to gain the support of internal stakeholders.
Working with internal and external teams to gather data and information for reporting
Validating data and information
Producing and circulating weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
Coordinating with vertical teams to deliver sourcing requirements to partners
Liaising with internal marketing teams and providing marketing information to partners
Monitoring and reporting on partner activity
Liaising with project leads to support project execution and participation by partners
Liaising with Merchant Support Organisation to support resolution of support tickets
Minimum 3 + years of experience in a Business Development Role, preferably in a Digital company
Experience of supporting others in a complex and busy environment with both internal and external customers
Proven competency using MS Office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
High degree of flexibility and adaptability
Strong ability to prioritise and multi-task
Capable of building strong working relationships with other individuals and departments both internal and external
Outstanding planning and organizational skills
Excellent customer service orientation
The ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
Min Bachelor Degree or equivalent
3 + years relevant work experience
Proven competency using MS Office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
Ability to effectively liaise with internal and external customers
Attention to detail when creating and distributing reports
· Complete financial and headcount management for the project - planning and budgeting, reporting, analysis, variances, cost management.
· Financial and resource scenario planning based on project requirements and deliverables
· Managing resource onboarding and offboarding processes
· Managing front-to-back invoicing and billing process
· Documentation and archiving of SoWs and POs
· Manage and produce high-quality regular and ad hoc MI, reporting and presentation slides for senior management
· Design, development and implementation of Key Performance Indicators across various aspects of the project
· Space and Desk management, including managing desk moves
· Supporting Chief of staff in ad hoc operational processes and deputising when not present
· Assisting when required in PMO tasks such as risk and issue management, project reporting and Lean Control Tool management
· Other administration and any ad hoc queries from inside or outside the project
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Candidate should have excellent communication skills. They will be required to question and challenge immediate colleagues and educate them on processes; they will challenge the leadership team and present directly to them and the Managing Director. In addition, they will be speaking to vendors on a regular basis. Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills are needed, with the ability to face off and present to senior management and deliver difficult messages with confidence.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
· Financial management and budgets, with specific knowledge and experience of project accounting and accrual management
· Headcount management - planning, forecasting, costing and reporting
· Highly knowledgeable and experienced with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Sharepoint, with the following key aspects:
· Highly skilled in Excel with knowledge of advanced formulae, vlookups and reporting (VBA/macros are an advantage)
· Ability to not only technically build presentations in Powerpoint, but storyboard the message and portray complex content in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
· Ability and desire to consistently deliver a high-quality product in challenging situations on own initiative.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
· Demonstrated and highly-developed ability to multi-task, time management skills, and the ability to escalate issues when required
· Proven success in executing within tight time frames and working in a fast paced organization
· Highly self-motivated; ability to work independently
· Excellent problem-solving skills and under pressure
· Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.