Data Analyst will ideally possess the following key skills:
· Self-starter and problem solver
· Analytics skills to be able to test data heavy PowerBI applications.
· Ability to design and setup an automated test suite for smoke, sanity & regression testing
· Develop a performance testing approach for the application / solution
· Design a test strategy and write functional as well as technical test cases
· Coordinate with Power BI developers to understand the report’s functionality
· Should have adequate Agile / Scrum delivery experience and understanding
· Strong communication skills for articulating the concerns issues and testing results to the broad variety of audience.
· Knowledge around the financial data and their interactions.
· Automation skills using (python) any tools such as Selenium or Protractor or any other tools
· Solid understanding of CI / CD and Agile.
· Proven experience of test automation using python.
· Proven experience of exploratory and end to end testing.
· Strong and proven experience of end to end testing / application testing.
The key technical skills are:
· Advanced Excel
· SQL queries
· Experience in PowerBI (or other visualisation tool)
· Financial processes in Upstream
· Strong Python scripting experience.
· Automation tools such as selenium or others.
· Must take ownership of quality right from stories to completion and how it is consumed by end users.
· Provide the data fitness checks for the selected data source and its integration with the existing data models and algorithms.
· Identify important elements of the application which can be useful in the improving the accuracy of the models.
· Present and articulate the issues defects to the project team making it easier to understand and fix.
· Supporting data engineers, data scientists, BA in writing acceptance criteria, unit test scenarios and CI/CD process.
· Must take ownership of code deployment.
As per the role accountabilities above, the key deliverables will be:
· SQL queries
· Testing Pyramid
· Test automation / Python scripting
· End to end testing
· Exploratory testing
· CI / CD
· Knowledge of financial processes in Upstream
CHECK BEFORE YOU APPLY :
● Must be eligible to work in the UK and no sponsorship will be provided.
● Proven experience
● No CCJs
● Fully completed applications
Employer will only accept "completed profile card" of BeatMySalary, so kindly sign-in/sign-up and have a profile card completely filled in before applying to the job using the same.
If you need help with completing your application profile cards, reach out to the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +44 7940272803 or call us on +44(0)2032898811
Data Delivery Manager - BigData/Data Science/Analytics/Project Management
An experienced Data Delivery Manager - BigData/Data Science/Analytics/Project Management is required to join a global consultancy to work with a number of their prestigious clients based up and down the UK. As the Data Delivery Manager, you will lead client focused projects on the full project life cycle, from bids, gathering requirements, creating delivery teams, budget management and managing multi-functional teams.
As the Data Delivery Manager, you will use your Project Management experience (within a technical space), proven experience in managing data analytics, consultancy/client facing skills to manage the delivery of multiple projects through the full life cycle in an Agile environment.
Salary for the Data Delivery Manager - £55,000 - £80,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Location - The willingness to travel is essential for this role. Although this clients UK headquarters in in Central London, you will be expected to travel to client sites in the North and South of England and some areas of Wales.
Key Skills/Experience for the Data Delivery Manager:
This is an excellent time to be joining a global consultancy that can offer excellent career opportunities and the chance to work with some prestigious clients that are embracing the power of Big Data! To find out more about the Data Delivery Manager role, please send your CV to Ross Macdonald for consideration.
Data Analyst/MI Analyst - Financial Services
Our North Yorkshire based Financial Services client require an experienced Data Analyst/MI Analyst to define the business's data migration and data mapping requirements as part of a major system migration. 6 month contract - £375 to £475 per day.
This Analyst will need to be able define a full set of requirements for the client to understand their required data migration and data mapping needs as part of a major system transformation
Therefore the successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience of undertaking Data Analyst or MI Analyst roles
- An outstanding knowledge of data migrations and data mapping
- Extensive Financial Services experience
- Experience of delivering requirements and supporting major system/platform migrations programmes
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and suppliers
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV in the first instance. Suitable candidates will be contacted in due course. If you have not heard back within 7 days following CV submission, your application in this instance will have been unsuccessful.
Python Developer - Django - PostgreSQL- London - Sussex/Brighton - £400-£500
If you have 4 years Python experience, eager to push the development to the highest standards possible and create the best API's for the end client, this would be the perfect contract for you.
Joining as either a Mid-Weight/Senior Python Developer you will be expected to hit the ground running in this specialist FinTech, working on an specific product launch.
Python, PostgreSQL experience is absolutely key to this role, preferably over 4 years' experience.
Along with your Python expertise, your ability to communicate with the team and end clients are a key to becoming a success.
Ruby on Rails RoR Developer: Min. 2 years' exp., Max £50K - Conservation/Environmental - Cambridge
Ruby on Rails Web Developer and future Team Leader required for Ecology & Conservation, Cambridge base, worldwide remit.
Maximum £50,000 plus bonus, benefits and superb pension (12% non-contributory!)
This organisation makes web and mobile applications to save the planet, literally!
They are the world-leader in supplying environmental, ecological and conservationist information to governments and large corporations worldwide to enable them to make decisions that improve the environment rather than harm it.
Their products are used around the world by Governments, the UN, international foundations and wildlife conservation organisations to track the trade in endangered species, catalogue the worlds protected areas and help end the illegal trade in wild animals.
They now need an experienced Ruby on Rails developer of the calibre to move up to a team leader role in the near future.
The essential attributes required for this role is as follows:
A minimum of 2 years of commercial experience architecting and developing web applications in Ruby on Rails
Previous experience in leading teams through a development project (preferably in an Agile environment)
Demonstrable experience of working with Postgresql
Experience in deploying applications
A lively github/bitbucket account!
Please note the above attributes are essential - you require all of the above to be eligible for this role.
Do you have any Open Source stuff they can look at? Code repositories, blogs?
This is a senior developer role within an existing, established team that includes more junior developers, hence their needing someone of the calibre to move up to a team leader role in the near future.
The IT. team here is, quite genuinely, building software which is trying to save the environment. Your objective in this job is as high-level as that: You are required to build software that makes it easier for governments to decide on improving their environment rather than making it worse.
The next step career-wise from this position is to move up to a technical lead role for the team. You would be taking the skills you will have developed in this role across a range of technologies, being in involved in the architecture, development and deployment of applications, and applying them across the team and coaching others to help the team grow and perform at increasingly higher levels.
If you not only want to work with the latest technologies, but want to feel good and know that your code will help to make a difference to nature and the environment, this is your chance!
This is a place that is only suitable for those that are motivated by wanting to do important work, work that's likely to have a real impact on the world, as opposed to just wanting a high pay cheque at the end of the month. Could that be you? If so, read on!
The software and the tools they use are at the cutting edge of new technology. You won't be stagnating in Legacy systems. Additionally, the team works together in interesting locations abroad three or four times a year.
The hiring manager here opined as follows:
Almost all the jobs that are available to programmers are either a combination of improving internal systems within companies, or building pieces of software which most people won't use. We build software which everyone can see and we're trying to build software which fundamentally changes the way human society behaves, the way the planet is run. There are not many other jobs in software development where the goal is that high and the challenges are that big.
Yes, you could earn more money maybe refining an algorithm in a bank, but here you have the personal satisfaction of being able to build pieces of software that fundamentally change society.