Job Description :
QuEST Global is a pure play engineering solutions company with a proven track record that serves the product lifecycle needs of high technology companies. A pioneer in offshore product development engineering, QuEST Global is one of the largest engineering service providers that cater to diversified verticals. With its local-global model, QuEST Global combines physical proximity to the customer providing domain knowledge and ease of interaction; along with delivery from low cost locations that also provides easy resource ramp-up.
The firmware engineer would be responsible for design and development of Firmware designs using VHDL and verifying designs using VHDL or System Verilog.
The firmware engineer would work closely with Systems, Hardware and Software teams to solve integration problems on complex systems.
- Creating innovative and robust VHDL based designs;
- Documenting and recording deliverables
- Ensuring configuration management,
- Providing progress reports.
Mandatory Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- A degree level or equivalent in a Computing or Science/Mathematics subject or have similar specialist training
- Significant experience of developing real-time embedded safety-critical firmware preferably in accordance with RTCA/DO-254 DAL A or B
- Experience of VHDL or Verilog
- Experience of requirements capture and configuration management tools
- A good understanding of configuration management
- The ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the lead engineer/firmware lead
- Hands on test and debugging skills
- Experience of liaising with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Good experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Knowledge of AWR Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, Matlab and CST Microwave Studio
- 2:1 or better Electronics Engineering degree or related science