Technical Lead - Northampton - Up to £55,000 per annum - Windows, Infrastructure, DLP, ITIL, Agile, Prince2, OEM, CAX, ERP, Unified Communications, Security, Networking
Are you looking for a technically challenging leadership role? A world leader in global motorsport are currently looking for a Technical Architect to join their team on a permanent basis. This is looking for someone to start ASAP and is paying up to £55,000 per annum for the right applicant.
The role of the Technical Architect is to provide technical leadership in the support and provision of solid IT services, by doing so, improving reliability, availability, security and performance across all aspects of the IT landscape. A strong and broad ranging technical background is essential as this is also a hands-on role with the requirement to support and deliver technical solutions throughout all stages of the ITIL service lifecycle.
In addition to being the senior technical escalation point, the role also requires the ability to support, develop and lead colleagues in both task management and a technical capacity. The job holder must also be able to work with 3rd parties, suppliers & customers, as solutions will often require external input and co-ordination.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior operational support role (3rd line or equivalent) within a medium to large sized enterprise, including support of the following:
- Support and optimization of in-house and bespoke applications
- Enterprise infrastructure, networking, storage and compute
- Security, encryption and Data Loss Prevention
- Database infrastructure and administration
- Client and server Operating Systems
- High-level technical computing languages
- Infrastructure and application capacity, performance and availability monitoring
- Clustering and High Availability
- Email, telephony and Unified Communications
- Enterprise video content delivery
- Datacentre infrastructure
- Backups and Disaster Recovery
- Strong experience working to ITIL practices
- Proven Continual Service Improvement experience
- A good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Project lead and delivery experience working to a recognised methodology (ie PRINCE2, Agile)
- Experience of scripting, orchestration and automation techniques
- Excellent call/customer management experience
- Motorsport, OEM automotive or engineering background
- High performance Computing experience
- CAX system management experience + PLM
- ERP system management
- Testbed and simulation platforms
The business in question is in the early stages of this implementation; they don't currently understand their group data policies due to the number of business users and technical individuals who each have fragments of knowledge making up this bigger picture.
The right person will have a strong knowledge of ERP systems, ideally with Infor ERP.
* Data Migration - identifying data that needs to be transitioned into the new core systems.
* Data Structure Definitions - understand and document where relevant business data is held in Infor M3, as well as defining the data and table structures for the "as is" landscape.
* Reviewing data quality rulesets - managing the action required for data correction.
* Taxonomies - ensuring any relevant data hierarchies or taxonomies in new core systems are identified and properly documented.
* Strong hands on ETL knowledge and a broad understanding of ETL technology. Please do get in touch for further information.