At Celestra, we are talented specialists in delivering IT services to the Hospitality and Retail industries. With teams spread across the UK we deliver an exceptional customer experience and speed of delivery which is second to none.
We understand the essential ingredients required to build strong, long term partnerships. In an industry that never sleeps we are fully committed and on-hand to serve solutions, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Thanks to the collective efforts of our people, Celestra enjoys a strong and growing position in the marketplace working with and trusted by some of the best and biggest brand names in the industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Junior Developer to join us. In return, we offer a competitive starting salary of £20K per annum and benefits to include 28 days holiday increasing to 33 after completion of 3 years (inclusive of bank holidays), Caprica benefits including gym membership, shopping vouchers, Employee assistance programme, contributory pension, free fruit and hot beverages, flu vaccinations and bonus scheme.
The Junior Developer role is a great chance to join a creative and energetic team who are consistently pushing the boundaries of the software they produce. Working in an environment that supports innovation and forward thinking this is a fantastic time to join a growing part of the business that offers fantastic long term career progression options.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Work on existing code, resolving issues and enhancing it; creating new code where necessary
- Working within the company to develop new ideas and take ownership of projects to completion
- Work independently or in a small team
- Proactively improving programming knowledge Input to all parts of the development life cycle (analysis, design, development, implementation and support)
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Developing in a Linux and Apache environment (Preferably Debian)
- Familiarity with XML/JSON and other data formats
- Report design
- Innovation and creativity
- Deliver on time in budget
- Experience with MVC design patterns
- Understanding of MySQL/MicrosoftSQL
- Capable of writing clean,reusable and documental code
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to work in a team and individually
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30-17:30
Developer - Angular JS/MVC/ReactJS/Jasmine/Kanban/Lloyd's Insurance, City - 450/day
Developer required to join a specialist Agile team developing a cutting edge underwriting platform.
This role will require liaison with multiple business touch points so interpersonal, influencing, mentoring, communication and stakeholder management skills are very important indeed.