Rullion are seeking an experienced Contract Test Manager based in Solihull
The role will involve Managing a test team for a Division or large and complex product portfolio
Independently validates external information from multiple sources. Specifies and applies appropriate analytical techniques and reports results to clients and management.
Promotes and ensures use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools.
Develops and maintains one or more defined communication channels and/or stakeholder groups, acting as a single point of contact. Gathers information from the customer to understand their needs (demand management) and detailed requirements. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, using feedback to assess and promote understanding of need for future changes in services, products and systems. Agrees changes to be made and the planning and implementation of change. Maintains contact with the customer and stakeholders throughout to ensure satisfaction. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests within a development or integration project or programme. Takes responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities. Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution. Defines and communicates the test strategy for the project. Manages all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability. Manages client relationships with respect to testing matters. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
Ensures the availability of hardware, software, and resources for the systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or more software products. Defines configurations required for testing with reference to agreed testing standards. Evaluates new developments in the organisation and the industry and advises senior management on potential growth, problem areas and resourcing needs. Ensures adherence to agreed standards and good practice.
* Deliver Testing for projects/portfolios to agreed time/budget/quality tolerances as laid down in business case, test strategy, plan and commercial agreement
* Determine the appropriate test approach, methodologies, tools and resourcing liaising with Business, IT function (including 3rd parties) and Clients to ensure cost effective testing and that coverage mitigates business risk.
* Create the test deliverables throughout the whole project life cycle applying best practice Control the entry and exit criteria to Testing.
* Provide effective communication across the full Software Development Lifecycle (internal and external) to support and manage the smooth delivery of test activity.
* Participate and lead test planning sessions and retrospective reviews and be involved in key initiatives to implement best practices in testing and quality assurance.
* Takes ownership of learning
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum of HNC in relevant subject, or equivalent qualifications, plus considerable work experience in a relevant role. OR Substantial work experience in a relevant role.
* Proven technical experience in own technical specialism.
* Relevant specialist programming skills and knowledge of development processes gained through formal training specific to role eg JAVA, XML
Senior Data Business Analyst - BigData/Data Science/Analytics/Machine Learning
An experienced Senior Data Business Analyst - BigData/Data Science/Analytics/Machine Learning is required to join a global consultancy to work with a number of their prestigious clients based up and down the UK. As the Senior Data Business Analyst, you will be responsible for developing requirements and proposing roadmaps to allow estimation and planning.
As the Senior Data Business Analyst, you will focused on data services, delivering data-centric, BI and data Analytic solutions. You will use your solid BA skills to deliver, co-ordinate and plan deliverables from a number of clients/stakeholders to ensure smooth process and within scope.
Salary for the Senior Data Business Analyst - £45,000 - £80,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Location - The willingness to travel is essential for this role. Although this clients UK headquarters in in Central London, you will be expected to travel to client sites in the North and South of England and some areas of Wales.
Key Skills/Experience for the Senior Data Business Analyst:
This is an excellent time to be joining a global consultancy that can offer excellent career opportunities and the chance to work with some prestigious clients that are embracing the power of Big Data! To find out more about the Senior Data Business Analyst role, please send your CV to Ross Macdonald for consideration.
Key skills: Business Analyst/Data/Consultant/Big Data/Requirement Gathering/Machine Learning/Data Science/Data Architecture/Spark/Scala/Python/Java/Consultancy/Travel/London/England/Wales
Key: C++, FX Options, developer, banking, linux, CPU, FX, forex, C++, Pricing
C++ Linux FX Developer - £650pd contract, London
The primary purpose of this role is to develop and deliver high availability Real Time applications for an FX options pricing application, and integration with additional systems.
You will display excellent organizational, motivational, and technical ability within a high-performance technology environment. This will require expert knowledge of C/C++ programming, with a focus on Linux Server Side development.
Knowledge of FX options would be beneficial, but is not essential. You will Contribute to the overall design and development of the Real Time solutions for FX options pricing, trading or risk management.
If this role is down your street and you have a strong C++ on Linux background, please send me your CV to, and we can arrange to discuss.