PHP 5 & 7 knowledge is required
Knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL).
Candidate should have understanding of Web Services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST)
Hands on experience of Build Tools such as Bamboo, Bitbucket Pipelines
Knowledge of tools such as Jira, Microsoft Teams, Zoom.us
Agile, SCRUM, use of architectural patterns knowledge is required
CHECK BEFORE YOU APPLY :
● Must be eligible to work in the UK and no sponsorship will be provided.
● Proven experience
● No CCJs
● Fully completed applications
Employer will only accept "completed profile card" of BeatMySalary,
so kindly sign-in/sign-up and have a profile card completely filled in before applying to the job using the same.
If you need help with completing your application profile cards, reach out to the team on email@example.com
Ruby on Rails RoR Developer: Min. 2 years' exp., Max £50K - Conservation/Environmental - Cambridge
Ruby on Rails Web Developer and future Team Leader required for Ecology & Conservation, Cambridge base, worldwide remit.
Maximum £50,000 plus bonus, benefits and superb pension (12% non-contributory!)
This organisation makes web and mobile applications to save the planet, literally!
They are the world-leader in supplying environmental, ecological and conservationist information to governments and large corporations worldwide to enable them to make decisions that improve the environment rather than harm it.
Their products are used around the world by Governments, the UN, international foundations and wildlife conservation organisations to track the trade in endangered species, catalogue the worlds protected areas and help end the illegal trade in wild animals.
They now need an experienced Ruby on Rails developer of the calibre to move up to a team leader role in the near future.
The essential attributes required for this role is as follows:
A minimum of 2 years of commercial experience architecting and developing web applications in Ruby on Rails
Previous experience in leading teams through a development project (preferably in an Agile environment)
Demonstrable experience of working with Postgresql
Experience in deploying applications
A lively github/bitbucket account!
Please note the above attributes are essential - you require all of the above to be eligible for this role.
Do you have any Open Source stuff they can look at? Code repositories, blogs?
This is a senior developer role within an existing, established team that includes more junior developers, hence their needing someone of the calibre to move up to a team leader role in the near future.
The IT. team here is, quite genuinely, building software which is trying to save the environment. Your objective in this job is as high-level as that: You are required to build software that makes it easier for governments to decide on improving their environment rather than making it worse.
The next step career-wise from this position is to move up to a technical lead role for the team. You would be taking the skills you will have developed in this role across a range of technologies, being in involved in the architecture, development and deployment of applications, and applying them across the team and coaching others to help the team grow and perform at increasingly higher levels.
If you not only want to work with the latest technologies, but want to feel good and know that your code will help to make a difference to nature and the environment, this is your chance!
This is a place that is only suitable for those that are motivated by wanting to do important work, work that's likely to have a real impact on the world, as opposed to just wanting a high pay cheque at the end of the month. Could that be you? If so, read on!
The software and the tools they use are at the cutting edge of new technology. You won't be stagnating in Legacy systems. Additionally, the team works together in interesting locations abroad three or four times a year.
The hiring manager here opined as follows:
Almost all the jobs that are available to programmers are either a combination of improving internal systems within companies, or building pieces of software which most people won't use. We build software which everyone can see and we're trying to build software which fundamentally changes the way human society behaves, the way the planet is run. There are not many other jobs in software development where the goal is that high and the challenges are that big.
Yes, you could earn more money maybe refining an algorithm in a bank, but here you have the personal satisfaction of being able to build pieces of software that fundamentally change society.
A boutique Managed Services Provider are currently looking for multiple client facing Infrastructure Support Engineers to join the team on a permanent basis to support their continued growth. You can be based out of their HQ in Manchester or from the clients DC in London.As Infrastructure Support Engineer you will play a key part in various projects on various client sites and will provide technical support to the business.
Benefits: Bupa Healthcare after 6 months, company Phone and laptop, discretionary bonus based on company and personal performance, vendor training and certification.
As Infrastructure Support Engineer you will have the following skills and knowledge;
· HPE solutions - blade system, 3Par
· Enterprise SAN/Blade Systems
· Ideally some network knowledge - CISCO, HP
· Strong knowledge of VMware
· Understanding of Microsoft AD and Windows Server
· Knowledge/Certified of ITIL
As Infrastructure Support Engineer you will have the following roles and responsibility;
· BAU 3rd Line Support to the business
· Project lead for various customers
· Project delivery and management plans aligned to customer needs
· Implementing solutions onsite
· Client Delivery Consulting onsite in DC's
· Pre-sales - Solution Design and Architecture
· Client conference calls post sales and pre-sales
Network Deployment Engineer will be responsible for implementing network solutions and changes in support of Project and Client Management requirements, supporting all elements of the network and its external client base.
My client is an established and expanding Public Sector Network Specialist. They are an innovative IT Managed Service Provider and a Tier1 Partner of industry leading technology vendors.
Key Skills Required:
Knowledge and Experience:
Skills and Attributes:
Reflex, established since 1990, is a successful independent IT Recruitment Consultancy. We are a proud member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and we strongly believe in ethical recruitment building long term relationships with both clients and candidates. We are ideally qualified to offer clients the best possible solution in fulfilling their computer personnel requirements; within the Surrey and Sussex locations.
We are currently working with a financial organisation based in Newcastle, who are looking to build a brand new dynamic Technical Support team that will be responsible for the support of key business applications and infrastructure, as well as acting as an internal consultancy for the business.
· Provide the business with high-level technical support, working closely with the already established application support team.
· Provide technical support for the organisations core banking components - API/EBS Platform, Databases, Identity Access Management and banking sub-systems.
· Service availability and drive problem resolution management.
· Look at entire infrastructure and Middleware layers to identify log issues, diagnose issues and then resolve issues.
· Use Linux commands to test suspicion of malformed requests.
· Incident, Problem and Change Management.
· Very strong experience of working within a hands-on technical support role with the inclusion of experience in handing off issues to internal development and third party support functions.
· Strong experience of supporting high availability applications and services.
· Strong route cause analysis experience via Log Files and Logging Platform Analysis.
· Knowledge of RESTful APIs, API Platforms, ESB Platforms, API Security and Web Services.
· Strong knowledge of Linux.
· Strong knowledge of JSON.
· Scripting and Monitoring experience.
· Proactive Incident, Problem and Change management.
· CMDB experience.
· Strong Service Transition experience.
· Strong experience of working to ITIL Framework.
You will report directly into the IT Director, managing a small team of technicians and be responsible for the delivery of IT support for multiple sites across the UK. To be considered you will have an excellent track record of leading a successful team and managing a range of technologies.
This will also include the following:
· Windows Server management 2008 R2/2012/2016
· Technical Knowledge - Windows, VMWare, Networking (LAN/WANs/Routers/VLAN's/VPN's/Wi-Fi), Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, RDS and Terminal Services
· IT Project Management Skills
· Infrastructure Background
· Solid networking knowledge - configuration and administration
· An Understanding of AV and Telephony Systems
· Excellent knowledge of ITIL best practice- ITIL v3 Foundation
· Liaising with 3rd parties and vendors
· Travel to office sites/venues will be required on occasion
· Any candidates with experience in the hospitality or leisure industry where you have supported multiple sites would be desirable.
Contract Project Manager - Utilities, Smart Metering/DCC
Contract Project Manager sought by this leading software organisation, developing a range of data management products and services predominantly for the utilities market place
You will be offering project management expertise on their smart metering, DCC led projects, particularly in respect to compliance of working to DCC standards. You will have first class project management skills, ideally gained in delivering software projects using methodologies, such as Prince against clear objectives; relating to cost, time, scope and quality. You will be a primary contact for both external customers and internal project key stakeholders, so must have excellent stakeholder management skills
Will suit an experienced Software Delivery Project Manager with a good understanding of the utilities sector and in particular, smart metering and the DCC programme and initiatives
Technical Lead - Northampton - Up to £55,000 per annum - Windows, Infrastructure, DLP, ITIL, Agile, Prince2, OEM, CAX, ERP, Unified Communications, Security, Networking
Are you looking for a technically challenging leadership role? A world leader in global motorsport are currently looking for a Technical Architect to join their team on a permanent basis. This is looking for someone to start ASAP and is paying up to £55,000 per annum for the right applicant.
The role of the Technical Architect is to provide technical leadership in the support and provision of solid IT services, by doing so, improving reliability, availability, security and performance across all aspects of the IT landscape. A strong and broad ranging technical background is essential as this is also a hands-on role with the requirement to support and deliver technical solutions throughout all stages of the ITIL service lifecycle.
In addition to being the senior technical escalation point, the role also requires the ability to support, develop and lead colleagues in both task management and a technical capacity. The job holder must also be able to work with 3rd parties, suppliers & customers, as solutions will often require external input and co-ordination.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior operational support role (3rd line or equivalent) within a medium to large sized enterprise, including support of the following:
- Support and optimization of in-house and bespoke applications
- Enterprise infrastructure, networking, storage and compute
- Security, encryption and Data Loss Prevention
- Database infrastructure and administration
- Client and server Operating Systems
- High-level technical computing languages
- Infrastructure and application capacity, performance and availability monitoring
- Clustering and High Availability
- Email, telephony and Unified Communications
- Enterprise video content delivery
- Datacentre infrastructure
- Backups and Disaster Recovery
- Strong experience working to ITIL practices
- Proven Continual Service Improvement experience
- A good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Project lead and delivery experience working to a recognised methodology (ie PRINCE2, Agile)
- Experience of scripting, orchestration and automation techniques
- Excellent call/customer management experience
- Motorsport, OEM automotive or engineering background
- High performance Computing experience
- CAX system management experience + PLM
- ERP system management
- Testbed and simulation platforms
Reigate/Surrey client are looking to add a Systems Support Engineer to their team.
Providing support to new and existing customers you will be part of a team responsible for the delivery of customer service assurance platforms.
Running the NOC management platforms, including jump Servers you will perform Windows server patching, backup maintenance and you will be experienced across:
· Large scale IT platforms
· Hyper-V and Azure
· Windows Server, AD, DNS, DHCP
· Exchange + Office 365
· Mail relays
· Endpoint security
· SSL security
· Rack and server deployment within datacentres.
The successful candidate can look to receive between £600-£650pd depending on experience
Skills, experience and qualifications required: