IT Infrastructure Engineer with strong Cisco and Microsoft Server 2012 / Microsoft Server 2016 infrastructure experience is required by a leading company based in North London. You should ideally have some Exchange Server 2010 / 2016, Active Directory, Hyper-V and networking experience. If you are ITIL, CCNA or MCSE qualified then this would be a bonus.
The Opportunity: Operating as a Senior Network and Infrastructure Engineer, you will provide hands on technical support for the operation and maintenance of a complex EMEA IT services network, working with the technical team to understand complex network issues to help diagnose and fault find issues within our clients Data Centres, WAN and multiple LAN estates.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a networking capacity, managing infrastructure in a high-throughput production environment
- A CCNA (Routing and Switching) qualification as a minimum (CCNP or equivalent skills)
- A good understanding of Cisco Nexus Data Centre technology
- An understanding of application load-balancing technologies and Cisco routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
- Good security skills in deploying VPN's, IPSec and Firewall rules on Cisco ASA platforms
- A good knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies such as VLANS, HSRP, Network Address Translation and Spanning-Tree protocol
- Enthusiasm for Networking, and Network Administration including keeping up to date with the latest operating systems, tools and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills, with the confidence to perform in a production environment and the desire to deliver excellent solutions and service to customers
- A proactive and energetic person with a desire to contribute collaboratively to the development of the team and the company
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide hands on technical support for the operation and maintenance of a complex EMEA IT services network
- Work with a technical team to understand complex network issues to help diagnose and fault find issues within our Data Centres, WAN and multiple LAN estates
- Evaluate technical designs and be able to carry out complex configurations to support our IT business programme
- Work with colleagues and team members to develop change controls that help to support the network infrastructure
- Undertake design and installation activities with the Cisco LAN/WAN and Data Centre infrastructure.