Fruition IT is working with a diverse range of clients who are seeking exceptional SQL Database Developers to be responsible for developing and undertaking various development projects using the latest SQL Server technology stack
Experienced Data Scientist/Database Developer required to join an organisation in Stirling who are creating a cutting-edge product. You will become a member of the R&D department and will be responsible for providing greater insight and understanding on the vast amounts of data that are created with this product. Being the first Data Scientist in Stirling, you will be working closely alongside engineers and scientists in the R&D department to unlock further value in the data and additionally to help develop the new data warehouse.
This role is a mix between core Data Scientist skills (Machine Learning, Data Science toolkits etc) as well as Database Development. The company are in the process of building a Datawarehouse and are additionally planning on using a Cassandra relational database. They are working with a third-party supplier for the data architecture at the moment, and you will be expected to work alongside them and additionally take over some of the responsibilities.
In this role, you will be expected to have strong knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques in order to gain insight into real-world problems. You will be applying these techniques in order to discover drivers of performance and to improve the performance of the market-leading product.
Key Role Responsibilities:
* Using Machine Learning and statistical methodologies to improve and drive performance of the product
* Developing a new Database (Cassandra)
* Cleansing and verifying the datasets produced
* Ad-hoc analysis and presenting the results to key stakeholders
* Working closely with the scientists and engineers in the R&D team
* 1+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist
* Database Development and Architecture skills (ideally in Cassandra DB)
* Practical Machine Learning techniques and algorithms
* Data science tools such as: R, Python, MatLab
* Data Visualisation tools: D3.js, ggplot etc.
* PhD or MSc in relevant degree such as - Maths, Statistics, Physics, Data Science
This is an opportunity to join a company working on brand new projects and who are developing a cutting-edge product. You will be rewarded with a very competitive salary and the knowledge that you will be the go-to Data Scientist in the team.