Project Manager Fixed term for 15 months
Technical Project Manager, User Stories, Use Cases, Agile, Waterfall, Bespoke Software, Supplier environment, .NET Exeter, salary up to £36,000 + benefits
We are looking for an exceptional Project Manager to join our Operations team on a fixed term contract covering Maternity leave for 15 months with one months handover. Ideally we would like someone to start with us in August/early September 2017. The role also has the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
You will have experience in Project Management. Working collaboratively in a team of Project Managers, Business Analysts and Client Service Managers you will deliver several concurrent projects to time, budget and quality standard. You will need to demonstrate successful project delivery ideally in a supplier/software house environment using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies. We require you to be client facing, highly organised and a strong leader. Ideally you will have Prince 2 or Agile qualifications or be working towards them.
Software Solved Limited helps clients resolve bespoke software needs through our software development services. We have been established since 1998 and with clear vision and focus we have also moved in Cloud, Mobile and Data technologies. We are a Microsoft Gold partner for software development and website development. It is essential our technical employees stay ahead of the game therefore training and maintaining qualifications is paramount.
Working for Software Solved Limited will expose you to a variety of clients and business sectors. No two days will ever be the same. You will have the opportunity to work on new projects from the beginning and see the work implemented within different parts of our business.
Salary is up to £36,000 depending on experience, plus an excellent benefits package which includes flexible working and paid overtime if authorised.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV (see below) A full job description is available on request.
· Provide assistance to end users on complex topics
· Provide highly responsive IT support in the trading teams in the Front Office
· Ensure rapid response to user technical and functional issues for a wide range of trading applications.
Expected experience and knowledge:
· Strong understanding of financial markets, specifically FX Derivatives and FX Cash.
· Strong FX derivatives product knowledge (vanilla and exotic options), including valuation and sensitivities.
· Strong understanding in Front Office and Risk management.
· Expert in Murex Front Office and Risk modules on MxG2000 v2.11 (Pricing, simulation, Market Data, VaR, PL VAR, standard reports).
· Understanding of MxML worflows to provide assistance to Middle Office users
· Good communication, interpersonal skills.
· Strong stakeholder management skills (contact with traders, Risk managers).
· Used to work on the ground, with no documentation. Frequent escalations to manage.
· Provide assistance to end users on complex topics.
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
· Fluent in English.
Engine are the largest independent communications company in the UK. Based in London and consisting of 13 different businesses each of which provide our clients with the best in class expertise; ranging from brand company to PR, from data strategy to social media, from advertising to digital design and a whole lot more.
Engine is looking for a Programme Director who is available for immediate start to lead Engine's re-platforming of its business systems onto Microsoft's AX suite on a global basis. Key functional components include Finance, Sales, HR and Resource Management. The initial design, build and roll-out will be for the UK market, with plans to then roll-out across North America.
The programme is well underway, and a significant amount of development has taken place. However, the steering group has recognised the need to reposition the programme as a business change endeavour rather than an IT programme.
The successful candidate will be a senior professional with experience of managing complex business change programmes. The role with report directly to the UK Managing Director.
You will need to have experience in -
· Senior programme director with experience of managing IT business change programmes
· Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
· High levels of Emotional Intelligence, being sufficiently self-aware and self-assured to know how best to drive the programme forward
· Familiarity with Microsoft's AX platform (not essential but beneficial)
· Be able to balance a clear vision for the future with pragmatism to get the job done
· Broad appreciation of all functional areas, including Finance, HR, Sales, IT
· Worked in a professional services environment
· Structuring commercial agreements with Systems Integrators
· Contract writing (schedules more than the legal framework)
· Supplier/contract management
· Dispute resolution