Must know to write product specification and conduct gap analysis
Perform requiremnt gathering
Liasing with key stakeholders and business functions using the knowledge of SDLC and insurance.
Solid experience of working for an Insurance Company
Strong knowledge of Software Developement Life Cycle
CHECK BEFORE YOU APPLY :
● Must be eligible to work in the UK and no sponsorship will be provided.
● Proven experience
● No CCJs
● Fully completed applications
Employer will only accept "completed profile card" of BeatMySalary,
so kindly sign-in/sign-up and have a profile card completely filled in before applying to the job using the same.
If you need help with completing your application profile cards, reach out to the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Design, test, and implement custom solutions for our clients and technology
Understand FIX order messaging whilst working in our bespoke environment
Monitor and investigate trade problems and understand position management
Have strong written and telephone communication with clients and vendors
Provide day to day support of a high paced trading platform and effectively communicate issues and workarounds to our clients and internal business
Understand all of our internal and external connectivity in FIX and various APIs
Build and maintain all connections within our production trading environment
Experienced Application Support Analyst
Degree in computer sciences and/or experience supporting an electronic trading hub
Strong SQL skills
Knowledge of Unix/Solaris (intermediate user level as a minimum)
Good understanding of networking, operating systems architecture, message queuing and Internet protocols
Experience with FIX protocol
Coding experience (any language) is advantageous
Java Developer - As a Java Developer you will be working on Software that helps scientists make ground-breaking medical discoveries. It is very much an opportunity for a Java Developer to create solutions for the social good.
Key skills for the Java developer; Equities Trading, Tier 1 IB x 10 ALL LEVELS role:
Desirable (not a must have) skills for the Java developer; Equities Trading, Tier 1 IB x 10 ALL LEVELS role:
About the Java developer; Equities Trading, Tier 1 IB x 10 ALL LEVELS role:
My client is a tier 1 investment bank based in London. They are seeking several talented individuals across all levels to join them within their equities division, working on business critical applications. You will have the opportunity to work on the automation trading strategies whilst at the same time programming with some of the newest, cutting-edge technology. These roles fall within the Front Office, you will have the opportunity to work very closely with the traders (if you choose to). No financial experience is needed, however, a desire to pick up the business knowledge is. You must have a thorough understanding of the Java fundamentals and a willingness to pick up new technologies if/when needed.
You will be sitting within their cash equities function, specifically working within the High Touch team and be responsible for the support of their 5 main trading platforms. The chosen candidate will be working within a very fast paced environment and be required to respond instantaneously to any IT issues. There will also be the opportunity to work on a brand new Cash Architecture that is state of the art and streamlined to minimize the number of applications needed.
The ideal candidate will therefore have strong knowledge of Cash Equities (or similar industry environment) and technical knowledge of Unix and SQL. Scripting ability would be beneficial but is not essential. Overall, this person will have a track record of providing hands on Application Support within a financial services environment.
Experience & Skills required:
· Strong experience of working in an IT support team
· Experience of hands on Application Support within a Front Office trading environment
· Knowledge of Unix and SQL
· Knowledge of Cash Equities is beneficial
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong client facing skills
· Ability to take a mentoring role within the team for Junior Analysts
This is a great opportunity to develop specialist knowledge in cash equity trading systems within a world leading investment bank that has led previous candidates into leading positions including directly into trading roles.
Due to growing demands, a talented Application Support Specialist is needed to join the Trading Operations group of a European Bank based in London. You will be supporting Cash Equity trading for the UK and the US therefore the successful candidate will be required to work one day per week till 10pm to cover US trading hours. Responsibilities include supporting the Front Office sell-side equity order management systems and the support of electronic FIX-order-flow into EU and US markets.
Front Office experience in Investment Banking
Good knowledge of equities
Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
· Front Office experience in an equity/Fixed Income trading environment, particularly as a trader is beneficial
· Solid experience with OMSs, EMSs and trading venue connectivity as well as use of cash equity execution algorithms and smart order Routers
· Good knowledge of Pan-European equities (in particular market structure, equity trading life cycle, regulatory environment, legal and compliance requirements for equity execution), expertise in US market is highly desirable
· High level knowledge of the FIX Protocol industry standard and use in FIX-based applications as well as Bloomberg/Fidessa application
· Strong Oracle database knowledge including safe execution of scripts intraday and ability to interpret complex SQL queries.
· Good understanding of risk involved in electronic execution system issues as well as understanding of trading limits
· Proficiency in Scripting to automate repetitive/batch tasks. BASH/Shell Scripting experience preferred
· Familiarity with UNIX/Linux/NIX operating systems, and experience using command-line driven terminal sessions
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail
· High-energy, highly motivated and the ability to communicate and cooperate effectively with colleagues, traders, IT developers and clients
· Ability to work in fast paced environment and to make sound decisions under pressure of time and ability to prioritise
· Willing to work outside of core hours (ie US business hours) in a shift model
· Willingness to undertake business trips within Europe and to the US
· Work Order Flows/Cash Flows experience
· Agile methodology working knowledge
Application Support Specialist - Equities - Responsibilities:
· Monitoring, administration and support of Front Office sell-side equity and Fixed Income order management systems, algorithmic trading platforms and execution management systems
· FIX - on boarding and support of electronic FIX-order-flow into EU and US markets, partly during US business hours
· Being responsible for electronic client connections via FIX and trading system infrastructure
· Acting as a business project lead for complex projects which involve system functionality enhancements, new business developments, software integrations, connections to new markets as well as Algo integration and improvement
· In-depth analysis of system problems including log-file analysis and playing an active role in the investigation and problem-solving process
· Working with Algo developers and strategists on new and improvement of existing execution strategies
· QA/Testing of new software developments in OMS-, EMS- and Algo space
· Liaise with different departments of the firm, such as compliance, legal, trading and Middle Office as well as with external technology contacts at clients, system vendors, brokers, trading venues
Application Support Specialist - Equities- Benefits:
· 10% Bonus, discretionary
· Annual Leave
· Pension Contribution, leading
· Private Medical insurance
· Life Assurance
· Discount vouchers
· Healthcare vouchers
· Many, many more brilliant benefits.
Front Office Support Manager - Asset Manager/Buy Side/Production Support/Charles River
Our leading asset management client, based in Central London, currently have an opportunity for a Front Office Support Manager to join their team. This is will be to lead the production support of infrastructure and applications supporting the Front Office investment management group.
This is a permanent role, paying between £65,000 - £120,000 per annum + bonus + excellent benefits.
If you feel you have the right skill-set, please apply. Successful candidates will be contacted within 5 working days.
Front Office Support Manager - Asset Manager/Buy Side/Production Support/Charles River
I'm looking for a highly motivated Data Analyst Developer to work for a leading Hedge Fund, this is a fantastic opportunity.
I would be keen to speak to candidates ASAP the duties of the role are
To provide accurate, timely data to the business by applying technology to automate data collection, processing, storage, cleaning and management.
Work with equity and macro researches and portfolio managers to understand their data needs
Implement and improve technology solutions to load, manage and deliver data for the systematic trading models, algorithmic execution systems and other Front Office systems
Implement and improve technology solutions to clean and produce derived data sets from raw data sets
Work with production systems group to ensure data problems are resolved quickly and accurately
Work with data vendors to investigate new and alternative sources of data for the business, ensuring availability of high quality and value-for-money data for the business
Any other duties commensurate with the post holder's position and seniority
All employees should understand that it is their personal responsibility to comply with all organisational, statutory and regulatory policies and procedures
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
More than two years' experience of programming in any OO language (we mainly use Java and Matlab with some C#/Python)
More than two years' experience of database systems and SQL (preferably SQL Server and/or Vertica)
Experience of both Linux and Windows environments, Scripting and tools
Willing to carry out operational data tasks alongside developing new solutions
Well organised with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple streams of work
Excellent communication skills.
Experience in handling financial data sets and familiarity with financial instruments (equities, futures, FX)
Exposure to data vendor technology; Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Axioma etc
Experience of developing tools for managing/visualising/exploring complex data sets
Are you an innovative Web Developer in search of an opportunity to work for an internationally expanding company in the Insurance sector, working on ground-breaking systems with bleeding edge technology?
A Web Developer is needed for business critical work in a highly prestigious financial services institution. This a permanent position offering £60,000 - £70,000 + bonus + benefits + pension scheme.
The organisation are global market leaders in the financial services space who we've worked with for over 5 years. They have a critical web application which is used by their research partner for global investing, as well as for clients to access business information.
A web developer is needed to help build new aspects of this application, ensuring it is user friendly with a beautiful GUI. Someone who takes pride in the aesthetics of their user interface is essential for this.
You'll need to be forward thinking and able to translate complex business requirements. You'll work in a team of 5, reporting directly in to the Director of this division, giving you a lot of visibility.
Essential skills & experience: