My client, a market leading global life science organisation is looking to bring on strong talent in order to lead a team of consultants in order to help continue their success and ultimately drive the business forward. The Technology & Services group are seeking an experienced consulting professional to focus on driving our technology platforms and commercial application business. Candidates should demonstrate a strong track record of consulting implementation projects, an interest in health and life sciences, and are looking to take their career to the next level; developing new solutions and services, leading business development activity and delivering engagements to build lasting relationships across the industry. Our Engagement managers are central to managing and delivering consulting projects to our clients. They take accountability to ensure deliverables are of the utmost quality and that deadlines and budgets are met.
- Work closely with our clients on a daily basis to understand their challenges and requirements.
- Define proposals for potential solutions; liaising closely with colleagues across multiple organisational groups, to deliver complex, multifaceted problems and engagements.
- Utilize experience of change management concepts to identify the impact of these solutions, and ensure they are championed and adopted within the clients' teams.
- Provide project management leadership; structuring project approaches, taking accountability for project delivery, working closely with our internal technology suppliers and reacting to changing timelines and requirements whilst delivering on commitments to time and to budget.
- Design and structure deliverables, workshops and presentations that are appropriate to the characteristics or needs of the audience.
- Explain complex concepts and frameworks and place these in appropriate client situations and context.
- Support our Analysts and Consultants, providing direct management, feedback and supporting growth and learning within client engagements and supporting career growth across and outside of projects.
- Proactively broaden knowledge of consulting methodologies and the health and life sciences industries through the delivery of consulting engagements and participation in formal and informal learning opportunities.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for the impact technology can bring to the industry and to mange and deliver technical projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 2:1 Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Preferably experience in a 'brand-name' consulting firm, ideally with health and life sciences project experience
- Passionate about technology and the innovation it can deliver, with a grasp of technology concepts as they apply to healthcare, and enthusiasm to support technology engagements as a business partner (direct coding, testing or other technical disciplines not required)
- Demonstrated interest in health and life sciences industry sector, and willingness to build deep industry skills
- Analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools and techniques, relevant to Commercial Effectiveness
- Proven project-management skills, and experience owning and leading defined work packages
- Some evidence of knowledge of current events and developments within the healthcare industry
- Proven commercial awareness/acumen
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to build credibility and influence external and internal stakeholders
- MS PowerPoint and Excel literacy
- Understanding of project management with proven time management and personal organisational skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work within challenging timelines
- Ability to demonstrate determination and resilience
- Attention to detail