IT Director with experience of managing enterprise level business applications and systems, in addition to infrastructure and services, is required by a leading international business whose UK operation is centred out of Brighton.
This role will see you reporting directly into the CTO and having overall responsibility for the Business Systems and applications in addition to the global infrastructure team. The emphasis will be on ensuring an high availability, high performing infrastructure service.
The key competencies you will need to have in order to be successful in this IT Director role include:
· Very strong technology leadership and understanding of international IT set ups, including Systems and Infrastructure
· Proven examples of making improvements and impacts on business systems and applications, such as CRM, ERP etc.
· Be an effective manager, leading a diverse team of technology professionals across the company
· Able to take ownership and execute IT strategies, having ownership of the IT roadmap and architecture
· Be highly focused on service delivery, with a proven ability to continually improve processes and procedures across the existing IT complex
· Work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders at all levels of the business, offering your guidance, experience and promoting ideas for improvement
This role oversees a complex IT set up which includes the in-house systems and infrastructure, along with integrated systems into their customer sites. This role would suit someone who has worked in a similar environment and is comfortable with both national and international travel where required.
In return you will be working with a truly fantastic, private entity who continue to expand and thrive in their market place. You will be working with a great group of individuals, taking on a position which offers some of the best work challenges in town.
Project Manager/Business Analyst/Consultant/Taskforce Management/Retail
£35,000 - £45,000
My client is a global Retail Solutions provider who is looking for a Functional Consultant to join their rapidly expanding team. You'll be responsible for the end to end delivery of retail solutions, particularly taskforce management solutions, into a range of clients. You'll be responsible for customer engagement through to delivery and aftercare.
You will have previous experience working in the retail sector either in a head office, store or field based role. You must have experience working with a Task Management solution. You will have outstanding stakeholder management and business engagement skills.
To be considered for this role, you will offer the following:
My client is looking for the next SDET to join a team of passionate cross role professionals
Your primary task will be fixing our inverted pyramid and ensuring TDD is central to the team's approach.
You will lead this within your team fully empowered to make the changes that are required.
We have automation working well in some teams and a great framework, your job is to lead by example within the remaining teams enabling automation to be brought up to par.
What you will bring
-Deep understanding of Web application architecture and crafting tests at different levels accordingly
-A proven track record of building a testable application over building complex automation solutions
-A proven track record of implementing TDD & other shift-left strategies as required.
-Relationships with business stakeholders to build the high value use cases into an effective test strategy
-Team ownership mentality around testing activities and the confidence to delegate
-Highly aware on clean code principles with a focus on readability, maintainability, and extensibility
-An enthusiasm toward self and team improvement through a fail fast mentality
-A willingness to pair program across various roles
-Testing with Jasmine and Mockito
-Understanding of Selenium
-Understanding of AWS, Jenkins and PFS
-Hands on experience with build and deploy scripts, Continuous Integration tools and Cloud environments
-Experience with cross/non-functional testing such as performance (JMeter, Gatling, etc) or security (ZAP, Burp Proxy, OWASP Dependency check, etc)
-Exposure to diagnosing code base health and applying metrics to improve coding practices
Java Software Developer X 4 - Manchester.
Our growing client based in Manchester is currently looking for 4 Java Software Developers. The company is divided into two distinct departments, Research and Development (R&D), and Consultancy and Support (C&S). Both R&D and C&S activities are based at our clients Manchester office. We are looking for 2 Java Developers to join the research and Development department responsible for the Development and maintenance of the client's product suite.
* To develop and maintain our client suite of software products.
* To help determine product functionality and have input into the product road map.
* To design and implement new product functionality.
* To maintain, refactor and improve existing functionality.
* To ensure that the product is tested to a satisfactory level.
* To work with partner companies to integrate our clients product with their products.
* To help with formal product validation (when required).
* To help with formal product documentation (when required).
* To help resolve customer issues and support calls (when required).
* Java (JSE and JEE), Tomcat, WebSphere, Web Services, AJAX (GWT), JPA, J/XFS.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to (see below)
Java Software Developer X 4 - Manchester.
Java (JSE and JEE), Tomcat, WebSphere, Web Services, AJAX (GWT), JPA, J/XFS.
Digital Project Manager required for a leading E-commerce solutions provider in Oxford.
The Digital Project Manager will provide E-commerce consulting services including business requirements analysis, scope of work, detailed specification and estimates.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a developer to work in the City and also further their technical skills.
Currently you have a very unique opportunity to work within a mid-sized, family orientated business who are part of a larger Fortune 250 organisation. You will take full responsibility for the development of new systems as well as focusing on recoding current applications and systems already in place.
Purpose of the Position:
This is a hands-on development role (web programming) whilst also taking a technical lead role in terms of product architecture, specifications for NPD and Enhancements and in the change control (eg peer review) for the product.
Desirable Skills (full training will be provided):
On offer is a fantastic package which includes:
A data insight and analytics company is looking for an experienced Data Analyst/Wrangler to work with their analytics team
My client is large financial institution who are building their Data Analytics in Edinburgh. This team will work across multiple business areas supporting the data analysis and reporting services. This will allow you the opportunity to work on varied and challenging projects.
This is a new team within this location so there is an opportunity for rapid career growth and the ability to move into leadership roles as the team continues to develop.
The ideal Candidate will have:
*A strong educational background - Mathematics, Statistics or Economics are a strong preference
*Experience in reporting and Data Visualisation
*Experience of working with data from SQL Server or Oracle Database
*Data Visualisation experience with Qlik or Tableau would be very desirable.
*They do NOT have to come from financial services - my client is open-minded to industry background as long as you have the right technical skills and an openness to learn
This is a great opportunity to work in a genuinely market leading team, reporting to industry leaders on some really exciting projects. There are really exciting short terms projects and some amazing long-term opportunities. Due to the size and position of this business, this would be an excellent career move as progression and project experience will be inevitable for anyone who joins and delivers high-quality work.
* Working in a small team providing primarily technical and some business support for the companies Investment Management System and interfaces, via telephone, e-mail, webex (or similar) and occasionally on-site, for London and European clients
* Liaising with internal Development teams and Relationship Management on bug fixes and enhancements
* Loading/updating Oracle/MS-SQL databases used for problem investigation
* Cross-training and presentations for colleagues
* Defining and documenting internal procedures
* Experience working with Relational Databases: MS SQL Server and/or Oracle (ideal)
* Experience using SQL (MS QueryAnalyzer and/or Oracle SQL*Plus)
* University degree preferably in a technology discipline (Engineering or Computer Science
* Good knowledge of technologies used in the financial services industry, including interfaces, messaging, development environments and data providers
* Experience dealing with users and/or clients from both a business and technical perspective
* Experience working in a Support role essential with proven client facing skills.
My client is looking for a candidate with a Business Testing Design and Delivery background (UAT, Regression and E2E) who will we working on the full test life cycle within their Treasury department.
You will have
*Experience with EUCs (end user computing) and Report testing
*Defect Management, Configuration Management, Estimation and Reporting (welcome)
*Experience working within a Treasury role and/or testing a treasury based change
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Java Developer - As an award winning and very innovative company we will give the Java Developer the chance to work in a vibrant and intellectually challenging environment.
Our expanding start-up FinTech client are hiring for a number of experienced Java Developers to join their growing team based in London.
The majority of the development work itself will be mainly at the Server Side (Java) and data layers (Java/HBASE) but you may also be able to assist with some Front End development if you had the inclination (and had experience in Angular.js).
Some remote working is also possible (1-2 days a week after a period of being full time on site) as is flexibility around start and finish times.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding established start-up in the high profile domain of Cyber Security offering equity in the business with a view to realizing a sale within the next 4-5 years.
It is also the chance to join a friendly company and the chance to work with an exceptionally talented team with a flat team structure and have the opportunity to have real input into ideas and shape the future development of the platform.