Ruby on Rails RoR Developer: Min. 2 years' exp., Max £50K - Conservation/Environmental - Cambridge
Ruby on Rails Web Developer and future Team Leader required for Ecology & Conservation, Cambridge base, worldwide remit.
Maximum £50,000 plus bonus, benefits and superb pension (12% non-contributory!)
This organisation makes web and mobile applications to save the planet, literally!
They are the world-leader in supplying environmental, ecological and conservationist information to governments and large corporations worldwide to enable them to make decisions that improve the environment rather than harm it.
Their products are used around the world by Governments, the UN, international foundations and wildlife conservation organisations to track the trade in endangered species, catalogue the worlds protected areas and help end the illegal trade in wild animals.
They now need an experienced Ruby on Rails developer of the calibre to move up to a team leader role in the near future.
The essential attributes required for this role is as follows:
A minimum of 2 years of commercial experience architecting and developing web applications in Ruby on Rails
Previous experience in leading teams through a development project (preferably in an Agile environment)
Demonstrable experience of working with Postgresql
Experience in deploying applications
A lively github/bitbucket account!
Please note the above attributes are essential - you require all of the above to be eligible for this role.
Do you have any Open Source stuff they can look at? Code repositories, blogs?
This is a senior developer role within an existing, established team that includes more junior developers, hence their needing someone of the calibre to move up to a team leader role in the near future.
The IT. team here is, quite genuinely, building software which is trying to save the environment. Your objective in this job is as high-level as that: You are required to build software that makes it easier for governments to decide on improving their environment rather than making it worse.
The next step career-wise from this position is to move up to a technical lead role for the team. You would be taking the skills you will have developed in this role across a range of technologies, being in involved in the architecture, development and deployment of applications, and applying them across the team and coaching others to help the team grow and perform at increasingly higher levels.
If you not only want to work with the latest technologies, but want to feel good and know that your code will help to make a difference to nature and the environment, this is your chance!
This is a place that is only suitable for those that are motivated by wanting to do important work, work that's likely to have a real impact on the world, as opposed to just wanting a high pay cheque at the end of the month. Could that be you? If so, read on!
The software and the tools they use are at the cutting edge of new technology. You won't be stagnating in Legacy systems. Additionally, the team works together in interesting locations abroad three or four times a year.
The hiring manager here opined as follows:
Almost all the jobs that are available to programmers are either a combination of improving internal systems within companies, or building pieces of software which most people won't use. We build software which everyone can see and we're trying to build software which fundamentally changes the way human society behaves, the way the planet is run. There are not many other jobs in software development where the goal is that high and the challenges are that big.
Yes, you could earn more money maybe refining an algorithm in a bank, but here you have the personal satisfaction of being able to build pieces of software that fundamentally change society.
Test Analyst opportunity for a leading financial services organisation based in the heart of Leeds. In this role you will act as a senior member of the product testing team and test in-house developed .NET applications. The role will initially focus on the automation testing of data loading software but this will move into a more web based role next year. The team deliver in line with agile methodologies and you'll be involved in SCRUM meetings.
As the Test Analyst you must have experience of testing using automation tools. Experience with any automation tool is fine. SQL experience is a must for this role. You will ideally have been a Senior Tester but the role is open to those who are ready to make the next step up in their career.
Test Analyst key skills:
We require an experienced Business Intelligence Developer with significant recent experience working on database migrations, ideally from SAS to MS SQL Server A FTSE250 financial company working on leading-edge software products used by its global staff of over 1500 are looking to recruit an experienced Database Developer.
Database Developer required to join our established database development team, designing, developing, maintaining and delivering our SQL Server solution. We have an extensive and diverse dataset, used globally throughout the energy, financial, insurance and shipping markets. Working in a fast-paced and dynamic agile environment, communication and collaboration skills are key.
Required Skills and Experience:
We are currently working with a leading retailer based in London who is undergoing a large ERP transformation programme. They are looking for an experienced Support Analyst with strong Dynamics AX experience to work on this project for an initial 6 months. You will be helping configure and manage AX, and ensure project deliverables match the business requirements. This role requires a strong background working with Dynamics AX. You must have previous experience working as a Support Analyst and must know Dynamics AX inside-out.
The successful candidate must be a highly experienced Support Analyst who has in-depth exposure to ERP projects - particularly Microsoft Dynamics AX.
The candidate must have experience in the Retail sector, The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong Support Analyst experience working with Dynamics AX.
- Hands-on experience working with Dynamics AX
- Retail experience
- Extensive Support Analyst experience
Business Area Responsibilities
You may also wish to consider responsibilities for:
· Risk and Compliance
· Change Management
· People Management
· Delivery of test scenarios and test scripts for projects and developments in line with Client Project Methodology.
· Delivery of test plans, test cases, reports and execution logs in line with Client Project Methodology for functional and non- functional requirements
· Leading of the business testing processes ensuring quality of UAT, End to End and Live Proving testing as appropriate
· Delivery of automated scenarios and frameworks based on industry best practices.
· Translation of business requirements, functional specifications and testable statements.
· Test preparation and execution of system testing, regression and UAT testing cycles.
· Management of the business testing processes ensuring quality of UAT, Integration and End to End testing as appropriate
· Ensure adequate component testing is completed to the agreed quality criteria
· Sign off of all new developments into implementation
· Raise any bugs/issues to internal or external development team
· Leading testers on the whole life cycle testing processes and the implementation of the Test Plan
· Strong understanding Testing Methodologies
· Strong understanding of MS Dynamics AX
· Strong understanding of web testing and web services testing
· Understanding of technical and functional specifications to translate into testable scenarios and test scripts.
· Production of system test cases and UAT test cases where appropriate.
· Execution of testing during system testing, integration testing, end to end testing, user acceptance testing cycles.
· Assist in the execution of all testing
· Ability to raise defect logs and communicate to stakeholders effectively.
· Test status reporting to Test Manager/other stakeholders.
· Strong MS Dynamics AX (preferably financial module) testing knowledge
· Working knowledge of web services and SOAP UI
· General financial services/foreign exchange/banking experience.
· Web testing experience
· Demonstrable experience of system, regression, user acceptance testing and business accept testing.
· Excellent problem solving, time management and organisational skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Experience of working in an Agile environment.
· Experience of test automation for MS Dynamics AX.
· Understanding of Object Oriented Language
· Experience of project life cycle.
· Experience of Coded UI and Soap UI
· Experience of working with the SDLC, V Model and iterative model.
Qualified to ISTQB Test Analyst Foundation level.
Educated to A level or equivalent
Experience of test methodologies, including test design techniques.
Experience of JIRA, Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, Postman.
Knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks Skills.
Working with business users guiding and supporting them through UAT.
Experience of test design techniques, focusing on business-critical scenarios.
Hands-on automation experience
Nice to have.
Use of tools such as JIRA & TFS, Test Complete, Postman.
API testing experience
Experience of MS Projects for Test Planning.
Experience of MS Dynamics CRM, AX and Drupal.
Our client is looking to expand their team of Looker oriented BI Analysts in order to meet their growing demand for consulting services
Austin Fraser are looking for a quality Business Intelligence Analyst with strong Microsoft Stack skills to join an industry leading tech company in Hampshire. The successful candidate will be working to improve business systems and data through analysis, reporting and systems development.
This role will feature work on the creation of new portals and reports, as well as the management and analysis of incoming data from the company's client base. This will also include working closely with clients, and as such a strong element of Business Analysis will feature in the role. Your communication ability as well as understanding of the tech and its real world ramifications in reporting and analysis will need to be strong. We are looking for candidates with strong SQL and MSBI stack- SSIS, SSRS and strong database ability in complicated joins and database design, along with ETL and reporting ability. The successful candidate will also have strong, technical ability with Power BI, or specifically with Powerpivot and DAX - alternatively Business Objects and OLAP cube creation will also be welcomed. There are large data sets that will need analysis and processing- and ultimately making sense of for the business.
The team are working in an agile scrum environment, so experience here will be useful. The team are vibrant and spread across Europe. They work in a very collaborative way, so the successful candidate will be well versed with knowledge share working closely with other team members.
Engine are the largest independent communications company in the UK. Based in London and consisting of 13 different businesses each of which provide our clients with the best in class expertise; ranging from brand company to PR, from data strategy to social media, from advertising to digital design and a whole lot more.
Engine is looking for a Programme Director who is available for immediate start to lead Engine's re-platforming of its business systems onto Microsoft's AX suite on a global basis. Key functional components include Finance, Sales, HR and Resource Management. The initial design, build and roll-out will be for the UK market, with plans to then roll-out across North America.
The programme is well underway, and a significant amount of development has taken place. However, the steering group has recognised the need to reposition the programme as a business change endeavour rather than an IT programme.
The successful candidate will be a senior professional with experience of managing complex business change programmes. The role with report directly to the UK Managing Director.
You will need to have experience in -
· Senior programme director with experience of managing IT business change programmes
· Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
· High levels of Emotional Intelligence, being sufficiently self-aware and self-assured to know how best to drive the programme forward
· Familiarity with Microsoft's AX platform (not essential but beneficial)
· Be able to balance a clear vision for the future with pragmatism to get the job done
· Broad appreciation of all functional areas, including Finance, HR, Sales, IT
· Worked in a professional services environment
· Structuring commercial agreements with Systems Integrators
· Contract writing (schedules more than the legal framework)
· Supplier/contract management
· Dispute resolution
I have an urgent requirement for an AX Technical Architect, for an opportunity to work with a multinational market leading Microsoft Gold Partner. They are looking for a specialist to do technical and functional design, consultation Microsoft Dynamics AX Technical Architect with demonstrated functional and technical pre-sales experience is required to join a large technology partner.
It is essential that you have experience in customer solution development and delivery.
Key areas of focus are solution envisioning, technical architecture design, project planning as well as technical input to proposal development and customer sales activities.
We are a specialist IT provider, located in the North of England and provide services primarily to the Utilities Industry throughout the UK. We have a wealth of experience in providing IT solutions to this industry and have a network of senior industry leaders who have supported our team for many years. We are now embarking on the continuous development of our own product in partnership with one of our large blue chip clients which is planned to expand across the industry both in the UK and globally.
We are looking to recruit a strong Angular 2 Developer to help with our continued growth for this exciting new product.
The work is largely remote working with some very occasional travel to meet with the wider team. This ensures we have a coordinated development platform across the whole technology stack and to meet with other colleagues to help nurture team spirit and a common purpose. The key to the successful candidate will combine the right professional fit and also the right cultural/Team fit
We are looking for an Angular 2 Developer responsible for the client side of our service. Your primary focus will be to continue the development of a complete user interface in the form of a mobile and desktop web app, with a focus on performance. Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app. The design will be delivered to you, but we will ask for your help in regard to CSS, and final HTML output. You will work in a team with the Back End developer, and communicate with the REST API using standard methods. A thorough understanding of all of the components of our platform is important but limited knowledge is required of the actual infrastructure.
Skills and Qualifications