A boutique Managed Services Provider are currently looking for multiple client facing Infrastructure Support Engineers to join the team on a permanent basis to support their continued growth. You can be based out of their HQ in Manchester or from the clients DC in London.As Infrastructure Support Engineer you will play a key part in various projects on various client sites and will provide technical support to the business.
Benefits: Bupa Healthcare after 6 months, company Phone and laptop, discretionary bonus based on company and personal performance, vendor training and certification.
As Infrastructure Support Engineer you will have the following skills and knowledge;
· HPE solutions - blade system, 3Par
· Enterprise SAN/Blade Systems
· Ideally some network knowledge - CISCO, HP
· Strong knowledge of VMware
· Understanding of Microsoft AD and Windows Server
· Knowledge/Certified of ITIL
As Infrastructure Support Engineer you will have the following roles and responsibility;
· BAU 3rd Line Support to the business
· Project lead for various customers
· Project delivery and management plans aligned to customer needs
· Implementing solutions onsite
· Client Delivery Consulting onsite in DC's
· Pre-sales - Solution Design and Architecture
· Client conference calls post sales and pre-sales
A fantastic opportunity is available to Sys Administrators at a world leading R&D software house in Surrey.
They need someone with strong Sys admin skill with:
. Load balancers and web Servers. Managing and configuring Nginx, Apache, HA Proxy etc.
. Debugging network issues using common open source tools (tcpdump, wireshark etc).
. Configuration management (infrastructure as code) and version control.
. Demonstrate strong ability in UNIX Shell Scripting.
. Able to effectively use monitoring systems (eg Nagios, Zenoss) and other reporting tools
It would also be highly advantageous to have hands on MongoDB or NoSQL experience.
If you have the relevant experience, please apply immediately.