Senior QA Analyst/Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong automation skills at a global company in Manchester. Working in a high performing product development team, this roll will play an important part in the creation and automation of the test framework.
You will design and build a suite of automated tests that show functional and non-functional requirements, working closely with product teams and developers to create test scenarios in line with the development plan.
The tech environment you'll be working in includes Scala, Python, Hadoop, Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes.
You must have strong experience in BDD in a gherkin-based framework such as behave or cucumber, and to be comfortable working in a Continuous Integration and deployment environment with tools such as Team City.
You'll be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of Agile/Scrum and manage development artifacts in a source control repository. The company are a global organisation with circa 2000 employees, based in 10 countries. This role is in their core software engineering office in central Manchester with easy commuting links.
You will receive 25 days leave, a good bonus scheme and a flexible benefits package. On the last Friday of the month the whole company finish at 2pm, and 4pm on all other Fridays.
Other benefits include:
Flexible working hours, a casual dress culture, subsidised masseuse and osteopath (Visits office weekly), Travel and Parking Season Ticket Loan, Fruity Wednesdays, your birthday off, free use of company gym and critical illness cover.
Upon joining, the Senior .NET Developer (C#, .NET, MVC) will get to know the 8 strong team and get to work with defining technology structures and principles. The .NET Developer will also investigate new and emerging technologies and apply these where useful. The Senior .NET Developer (C#, .NET, MVC) will also be responsible for the hosted platform the company use - so any experience of hosted infrastructure would be great.
You MUST have the following experience:
One of the following:
The following is DESIRABLE, not essential:
You will be working with C# 6 and ASP.NET Web API 2.x to build online banking applications. Some of the work will be to extend existing applications, some of the work will be completely greenfield.
The department is still evolving from an Agile and DevOps perspective. In some products, releases can be as many as 30/month. Configuration management, automated deployment, and continuous integration are done with PowerShell DSC, MS Build, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
As an IT Infrastructure Team Lead (Open Source) you will help architect and build the ground breaking, game changing technology solutions that power the business. You will help pushing the limits of what technically can do as we write, build and run all our own software systems.
· Support technology and customer operational environments
· Building the effectiveness, productivity and performance of the team
· Identifying and working to remove obstacles to the team's productivity
· Fostering collaboration and building relationships with project/development teams within the business
· Supporting team members with a focus on personal development
· Leading great communication practices inside the team and with other teams they interact with
· Lead by example through technical excellent
· Hands on role splitting 50/50 operational responsibilities as well as leading and mentoring the team.
· The role will grow over time with opportunities to be more management focused
· Act as a bridge between the operations and the development teams to help promote a maturing DevOps culture.
· Incident and Stakeholder management at all levels
· Guidance for the BAU technical support teams
Ideal applicants will have a good breadth of experience across most of the following, ideally with a specialism in one or two areas -
· Linux & UNIX (RedHat, Apache, Tomcat)
· SAN and Cloud Storage (eg CEPH, NetApp, Veeam)
· Container Platforms (Docker/Kubernetes)
· DevOps tooling (eg Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Jenkins)
· Awareness of AWS and Google Cloud Platform
· OpenStack [desirable]
· Networking and Connectivity [desirable]
· Virtualisation (Hyper-V/VMware) [desirable]
Python Developers required with strong Python/Ansible Development skills and API's ideally RESTful and developing Python interfaces to API's and Python modules is required to work on one of the world's largest Openstack private Cloud solutions pushing the boundaries of cloud innovation is required by world leading technology giant in London.
As a Python Developer you will have
Desirable skills as a Python developer would include
This is an outstanding chance to broaden you skills and work on cloud automation at quite some scale.
Roles are open at Mid and senior Developer and the company will offer a chance to become a Cloud expert on an award winning platform
.NET Developer required by my banking client in London (C# Web API WebAPI WebAPI2 .NET 4.5 Developer SOLID Software Engineer Programmer RESTful Agile Digital Finance Banking).
You MUST have the following experience:
The following is DESIRABLE, not essential:
.NET Developer (C# Software Engineer/Programmer) in an Agile environment for a bank in London. You will be working in a scrum of 7/8 developers, testers, business analysts, and DevOps.
You will be working with C# 6 and ASP.NET Web API (WebAPI WebAPI2) 2.x to build online banking applications. Some of the work will be to extend existing applications, some of the work will be completely greenfield.
The department is mature and still evolving from an Agile and DevOps perspective. In some products, releases can be as many as 30/month. Configuration management, automated deployment, and continuous integration are done with PowerShell DSC, MS Build, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
In development terms, they are mature adopters of DDD (Domain-Driven Design), HATEOAS, microservices (micro-services/micro-services), CQRS (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and event-sourcing. They invest heavily in training, sponsoring 2 weeks every year. They attend community events and commission consultants such as Dan North.
The environment is relaxed and creative. The bank has a great culture and encourages a social atmosphere. The team often play sports together, go out for after-work drinks or pub quizzes. Candidates often describe this as the best place they have ever worked at. Hours are 9-5 and staff retention is high.
We are searching for a highly technical R&D engineer who wants to develop into electro mechanical products. The product range differs from simple mechanical over electromechanical systems, with further evolution to more electronically controlled systems.
Brilliant opportunity for a R&D Engineer to work with a major Bristol based government project's development of the infrastructure and platform for experimentation in the area of network monitoring, diagnose and troubleshooting.
The experience we need.
* Minimum Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent engineering discipline (specialised in computer networks).
* Experience in relevant technology environment (network monitoring and management)
* Understanding of monitoring systems and techniques
* Proven experience with some or all of the following systems: Nagios, OpenNMS, Munin, Smokeping
* Knowledge of CLI-based network device operation
* Skilled in network diagnose and troubleshooting (wireshark, tcpdump, and similar applications)
* Experienced in network programmability: Software Defined Networking (SDN) & Network Function Virtualisation (NFV)
* Notions on open source code development and management tools (eg Git, Ansible, etc.)
* Ability to work in and for the team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability and desire to learn quickly
* Ability to work to deadlines while demonstrating a track record for innovation and creativity
Leveraging on the programmability characteristics of the network infrastructure (Software Defined Network using mainly OpenFlow and Netconf). The Network Engineer will help to consolidate the existing network and IT infrastructure monitoring tools (Nagios, OpenNMS, smokeping and Munin) and develop the monitoring and healing functions over the SDN.
Successful delivery of this plan will be critical to achieving the prime objective: economic growth and job creation for Bristol. Being part of a project which includes collaboration between the technology, media & telecommunications industry, universities, local communities, and local and national government.
What you'll get in return.
A genuinely unique and challenging career opportunity to use your engineering and communications skills in a newly created position. The R&D Network Engineer can expect to join a world class systems engineering team, interfacing with High-Performance Networks, Radio Systems, and Wireless Communication Systems functions.